FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: phone geeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unlocked Orange GSM Quickfire Phone, charger GTX75G
saw this phone on ebay, I am a telus client and am getting my daughter a phone for her bday, she wants orange and this is a neat looking phone, if it is unlocked does that mean i just take it into telus to get them to hook it up to my plan for there 25$ hook up fee????
http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Unlocked-Orange-G...150wt_1139
need to do a little more reading up on that particular phone. It doesn't have telus specified in the carriers spec, so it may not support the frequencies that telus uses.

But if it does, then it's just a matter of getting a SIM card, activating the sim card and putting it in the phone. Don't take the phone into telus, they'll just charge you a $35 phone setup fee (well, rogers does anyways).
Assuming that listing is accurate then this phone will not work on Telus.

For a phone to work on the new Telus HSPA network it must have specific frequencies.

I've cut & pasted a link from the Howardforums to a listing of the phone frequencies that will work on the Telus HSPA network here: Will it work on the Telus HSPA network?

Happy reading

NefCanuck
Be very carefull when buying this phone. There are conflicting reports on what specs it uses, probaly due to there being 2 or more versions of this phone for different markets. The one I did some research on, was the AT&T Branded, its actually manufactured by UTStarcom. This one also operated on the following specs: GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 /WCDMA 850 / WCDMA 1900 / WCDMA 2100(IMT)

The Bellus 3G Network uses WCDMA/UMTS Technology, so yes this will operate on it just fine, Infact, this phone can be used on Rogers, or Fido as well, with the exception of Wind which uses the AWS Band (Band 4)

Now, I was not able to find the proper details for the "Orange" branded versoin, but something tells me, it may not necessarily have the North American 3G frequencies, why is this important? because if you buy it, the phone will not detect signal if thats the case. Bellus also does not operate a 2G GSM network, so, try and find out the specs for the Orange version, otherwise I recommend buy the Domestic AT&T version of this phone. Note, There's also a T-mobil version of this phone, it also may not operate here on Bellus, because T-Mobile uses the AWS band, so they may not contain the proper 3G bands as well.

It's best to find a store, and ask them to pop in your Bellus SIM to try it out before you buy it.
thanks guys