FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: omg omg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
what the fcuk is wrong with all this toronto retard!!!
stop fucking around and stay home if you don't know how to drive!!!
god damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was on lakeshore heading west and i was on left lane where street car goes, i was simply following front car 30kph and i saw car on the right lane stopped to park his car, then the 2nd car on right lane changed lane and smashed my front passenger!!
this guy is racing in his 97 lumina sedan?wtf!!

never had any single accident when i was in california for 6 years and now what less than 3 years in toronto, this is 2nd time at their fault smash into my front passenger!!

went to collision report center, called rbc for claim, went to collision repair center and now their rbc rep isn't there, i have to wait until monday for rbc rep to show up to inspect my car..

what is wrong with ppl can't do shoulder check?got lower back disc disease or something??
f!@#!@#i hate this place
I try and avoid TO as much as I can. Ppl can't stay in their lanes or even function inbehind a wheel. People still f**k up even when using the bluetooth or hands free Navs.

Leo. I say you put some big ass bush gaurds on that thing and become a vigilanty ExclamationExclamation
same spot i got hit 2 years ago!
but this time is worse, window goes down but not goes up, it stays half way..
mirror base is broken in half, mirror cap is smashed, fender is scrathced and bent, newly freshly painted front bumper is scratched..
and my wheel got bit of scratches, nothing serious but now alignment is f**ked..
i have to keep my steering wheel 15 degree to go straight..
Licences are given out like candy. People should get psycheatric evaluation before given a licence.
(07-03-2010, 06:15 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]Licences are given out like candy. People should get psycheatric evaluation before given a licence.

are you telling me i need evaluation?
scratches on bumper
[Image: IMG_6839.jpg]

fender is scratched and bent
[Image: IMG_6840.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6842.jpg]

mirror is broken
[Image: IMG_6845.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6853.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6854.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6855.jpg]

wheel got scratches and alignment is f**ked.
[Image: IMG_6859.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6860.jpg]

window doesn't roll up anymore..
Damn Kona that really sucks!!

My advice..... move the hell out of the T-Dot

Drivers are crazy there
Toronto is not that bad for driving, Brampton is much much worse as there are more cases of road rage reported here then anywhere else in the GTA.

Consider yourself lucky it's some minor damage for you, as with my accident, my entire car was written off in a parking lot when I was stopped.
That really sucks Leo. Sorry to hear about that man.
(07-03-2010, 06:31 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2010, 06:15 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]Licences are given out like candy. People should get psycheatric evaluation before given a licence.

are you telling me i need evaluation?

Not saying your a nutjob, but there are a lot of people out there driving cars whom are whom should.
sorry for misunderstanding..

and also i found out that the passenger side camber is now negative...wheel looks like this.
driver side| \passenger side
i don't know what to do..
insurance told me that my car is not worth to repair..
i mean it is 2000 and value is around $1500 and estimate i got from collision report center is $1200..
and i m pretty sure it is going to be at least $2500 to repair..
hmm..rbc claim center must have not searched correctly..
i was checking kbb and used michigan border zip code which is 48202..
selected kona edition, power door, power window, abs, airbag, airconditioner, tilt, cruise, it is giving me price around $5000..
i don't know how this insurance works,what and how much they will cover..anyone know how much will i get if they tell me to write off?
explain to them that it is a KONA edition, and not a regular ZX3! You paid extra for that and its worth extra now...you need to fight a little with these guys to get your way but it should be worth it in the end.
(07-03-2010, 11:15 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]explain to them that it is a KONA edition, and not a regular ZX3! You paid extra for that and its worth extra now...you need to fight a little with these guys to get your way but it should be worth it in the end.

x2 ... the adjusters just go by VIN ... and unless there was a special VIN designation for Kona edition (I don't think there was) ... they would have no way of knowing it was a Kona until you tell them. You should also mention the new rims ... looks like one of them was damaged.

It would also be helpful if you have full replacement value insurance (most people don't but it's just a few bucks a year and takes care of depreciation) ... if you do, just tell them 'no problem writing it off - just get me a new Kona and all is good.'

Sorry to hear about your collision Leo - I've found RBC really easy to deal with ... hopefully you will have a good experience too.
(07-03-2010, 09:47 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]... also i found out that the passenger side camber is now negative...wheel looks like this.
driver side| \passenger side
Probably bent the strut. Doesn't look like he hit you hard enough to bend the shock tower or spindle.
Quote:i don't know what to do..
insurance told me that my car is not worth to repair..
i mean it is 2000 and value is around $1500 and estimate i got from collision report center is $1200..
and i m pretty sure it is going to be at least $2500 to repair..
The collision reporting center really doesn't know squat; they;re not in the repair business. If your "Kona" Edition wasn't available in Canada then the insurance company wouldn't have a specific black book value for the car. If you look on your insurance slip, it'll say what it's "insured as" For example, mine is an '05 ST but the insurance is "'05 Focus ZX4 SES" because they have no listing for an ST.

Now this is how the "writing off" process works (generally, in my experience). They take 65% of blackbook value, and then add on the replacement cost/depreciated value of anything that you can claim that you've upgraded to the car. If the repair cost is greater than that figure, they'll write it off.

So say if the bb value of the car is $2000. You've got $600 rims last year, a $700 stereo for Christmas and you have the receipts for them. Then the magic number is about {(.65x2000)+(600x.75)+(700)=} $2450

If the repair cost>$2450 they'll write it off.

Quote:..anyone know how much will i get if they tell me to write off?
Using the same example above it would be {$2000 + (600x.75) + 700 =} $3150 MINUS the deductible unless you've got all the insurance info from the "other guy" and they consider him "at fault".
yeah kona option wasn't available..my insurance says "premium zx3"..

what if they say write it off??can i still tell them to repair it? it is going to be under others insurance..

or how much will it cost if i buy it back and part out?how much would i pay roughly to buy it back?

or should i start part out right now and return to stock before write off??
allot of insurance companies will not let you buy back the car if written off. start getting the stock stuff to replace your bumpers and such quick Tongue
if they decided to do write off, do i have to give up car right away?

or will they give me some time to remove my stuff?
Too bad about your car man, I absolutely hate Toronto driving. Taking transit may take alot longer, but I take it whenever I can.
You have reported the accident to the collision center, which they have already taken pictures so they will have proof. Ya and the Collision center has no idea how much it will cost to fix.
This car is full of bad luck.
i do not think they took pictures..
when i went there chinese guy was taking my claims and sent me to opposite side where cops are..
one of them just came out with me and looked at it, not closely..cop was like, okay, okay, lets go inside..
then when i was filling out the paper and draw diagram what happened, he went out there and put sticker.
that was it..

yep my car is full of bad luck, no single car trouble or accident, nothing and when i got here, coilover broke off, accidents at 100% his/her fault..
i guess i need to get car with bright color..

umm wait,,it was 1 pm sunny day..fucking blind ppl..

i will keep you guys updated..

if insurance decided to "write-off", part out will begin..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5