FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dru's zx3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering what the story was behind that car...

why it got parted out and scrapped? I think I've read something about it blowing trannies?
couldnt hold a tranny and life was more important then dropping more money into it at the time IIRC
I think his gf wanted to get married or something.
His ride lives on in many of our cars. I have his wiper motor and front rotors and pads(for the time being).
(07-06-2010, 09:04 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]His ride lives on in many of our cars. I have his wiper motor and front rotors and pads(for the time being).

i have his exhaust!!! it lives on disturbing the peace!!! muhuhhahahaaa!
i have some CF pieces lol.
Ya im not to sure of the history of dru's zx3....i saw it at a show once (speedorama...i think) and theres a couple of youtube videos,....but why part it out??
Also wanna add...my Subi got his Sparco harnesses :-)
(07-06-2010, 04:30 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]couldnt hold a tranny and life was more important then dropping more money into it at the time IIRC

well... ok then :p

i would've said drop in a beefier tranny but you've already answered that with life was more important at the time :p
(07-06-2010, 11:07 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2010, 04:30 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]couldnt hold a tranny and life was more important then dropping more money into it at the time IIRC

well... ok then :p

i would've said drop in a beefier tranny but you've already answered that with life was more important at the time :p

Only Tranny that would hold the power that I wanted to put down was either a Lentech Auto or a Full out dog box. And I wasn't ready to spend 5g's plus on a tranny.

Im actually updating my car domain and it will pretty much tell the story on there, But i'll give u guys the details. Car was sitting in the garage for about a year with a blown tranny (3rd time) me and my g/f at the time bought a house together a bit of a fixer up and it didn't have a garage. After 6 months I proposed so I guess it was my idea lol. Then winter was approaching and my grandfather needed to store his electric scooter and snow blower/ picnic table etc some stuff that he didn't have the winter before. So I was bascially getting kicked out of the garage. Since I wasn't ready to pay for storage I desided it would be better for me to have some cash in my pocket for the wedding (I also sold my 04 Liberty Renegade and boght a beater 94 Golf) Than a broken car sitting in the snow and so I parted her out and made some money back. I Got married and now I bought a bike to scratch that werid itch and picked up a 08 MKX to share with the wife.
it was a beautiful car while it was still around Sad i remember first time seeing it at importfest, one of its last shows before the end. i couldnt help but stare because it was my first year with my car and seeing all that was done to it made me want to do the same.

his slicks still live on with me aswell Smile ive made good use of them so far and hope to in the future if i dont get rid of them. i use to have his cd player aswell but i didnt need it anymore so i sold that.

his car lives on in other peoples stuff and the motor will live on with its new home
Im really glad my stuff will live on with all of you guys.
The front bumper lived on my wagon for over a year, as far as I know it's now on an SVT in scarborough some were. The motor would have lived in my wagon to bu wet never got around to working things out with each other. I did however get the pleasure of sitting in the car and starting it up, it was truly an animal.