FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dec 2010 Brake Group Buy - CLOSED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I personally do not need any brake stuff ... but I've rec'd a number of pms in the past week or so asking if there was another brake group buy in the near future.

So ... even though I don't need anything myself, I don't mind doing it again if there is enough demand ... so post up if you're interested.

Also: I was thinking that to make it more viable, perhaps we could extend it to some other clubs like the Fusion club or the Mazda guys ... any thoughts on that?

Cheers

Ken
im in no matter what for rotors and pads
im interested
i need full front
i would possibly be in.

four all for rotors for a svt some kinde of OEM replacment and maby upgraded pads.

but id need to see prices becouse i was just gona go with carquest and there cheapp lol
(07-09-2010, 11:45 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]i would possibly be in.

four all for rotors for a svt some kinde of OEM replacment and maby upgraded pads.

but id need to see prices becouse i was just gona go with carquest and there cheapp lol

For sure depending on prices - after all, that's the whole reason for having a group buy in the first place ... but remember, the group buy will be focused on getting unrivaled pricing on brand name performance parts and not necessarily the cheapest possible.

Having said that ... I've found that the excellent EBC blanks are priced about the same as the cheap s**t from China ... so in fact, the best of both worlds.

So we've got 4 expressions of interest ... just a couple more and we could be good to go.

For anyone interested in seeing the brands and an example of pricing - just go to the last brake group buy thread from March ... that post is kind of garbled now after the changeover, but you should get the idea.
I'd be interested in Centric Rotors and HPS Pads. Not sure if you can get centric rotors?
I am interested. Most likely in for front rotors and pads, rear shoes.

-George
How much was that Mustang GT upgrade you told me about before?

i'm kinda torn.... focus SVT rear package or Mustang GT..... lol
(07-11-2010, 12:21 AM)Scourge Wrote: [ -> ]I am interested. Most likely in for front rotors and pads, rear shoes.

-George

Hey George - haven't seen you post in a while - Gord: I can't remember exactly how much for that kit but it's out of date now anyway ... that's a hard choice - the difference in the Focus is really noticeable, but those are awesome brakes for the Stang ... I know - do both.
(07-11-2010, 02:49 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]- Gord: I can't remember exactly how much for that kit but it's out of date now anyway ... that's a hard choice - the difference in the Focus is really noticeable, but those are awesome brakes for the Stang ... I know - do both.

I really want the rear disc conversion.... mostly for the looks once i get her back on the road.... only problem is i'd want to upgrade the discs and pads to EBC right off the bat, and would have no use for the OEM SVT rotors and pads that come in the kit Dodgy
(07-11-2010, 03:33 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2010, 02:49 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]- Gord: I can't remember exactly how much for that kit but it's out of date now anyway ... that's a hard choice - the difference in the Focus is really noticeable, but those are awesome brakes for the Stang ... I know - do both.

I really want the rear disc conversion.... mostly for the looks once i get her back on the raod.... only problem is i's want to ungrade the discs and pads to EBC right off the bat, and would have no use for the OEM SVT rotors and pads that come in the kit Dodgy

i will buy the OEM svt rotors and pads off you.

then id for sher go in on the group buy for the front pads/rotors

what do you mean by it's out of date? as in not available?Huh
(07-12-2010, 01:21 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]

what do you mean by it's out of date? as in not available?Huh

No LOL ... the price I gave you - the exchange has changed, so I'll have to requote - no biggie.
(07-12-2010, 03:03 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]No LOL ... the price I gave you - the exchange has changed, so I'll have to requote - no biggie.

lol well yeah of course

it changes every day lol

you had me scared there for a minute
I'm totally interested but I need my brakes done yesterday so I wouldn't be able to wait, to bad.
I'd be in for a group buy for Front Pads, had my oil change done today and turned out I'm down to 3mm and 4mm on each side.
is there a updated price list or is it the same price?
(07-15-2010, 05:53 AM)gfxfocus Wrote: [ -> ]is there a updated price list or is it the same price?

If I go ahead with one it will be an all-new group buy ... it looks like there's enough interest (especially if I add some non-brake items) ... I'm just looking at my time over the next few weeks to make sure I can do it.

I'm doing Calabogie this weekend so I won't be making a decision until Monday earliest.
if i can get the money together i would be interested in rear disc set up... ill drop you a PM for price
Pages: 1 2