FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So it was like having sex with super models....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like lots of fun. Too bad on the detuned part.
It was fun but could of been better IMO I had the same vehicle choice as you. The Cobra was in the shop with its body off the frame he said the motor blew, as for the T Rex apperently something was wrong with the rear end. They were all de tuned and you could so tell but the experience was alright over all. I heard rumours that the cars were all write offs and getting into them you can tell they were the interior on the 360 and ferrari was pretty beat up. Actually the 911 was beat up all over front bumper was almost hanging off and I don't know how it was running when you took it out on thursday but everytime we stopmed on the gas it would bog and stall. We all signed the same contract and put down $2500 each on our credit cards to cover the insurance deductable if something happened and something did but not with any of my friends. (6 pple in total) an older Asian fellow and his son were in the nsx and we made a quick right and his turn was delayed and went wide real wide and smacked the guard rail on the driver side, Big dents on the fender and door and rear quarter. Mirror was long gone, both rims the lip was damaged bad even dented I think. So we were told it was unsafe to drive and there employee drove it the rest of the way. But talking about unsafe I think all of them were un safe all of them except for the vette. Can't remember which ones 4 sure but I know i saw atleast 3 of them with the air bag light on and all yup all of them with the engine light on. The 911 had electrical tape covering the display read out and I pulled it back and took a look there was about 4 different warning msg's. The 360 was nice but the red line was set to 5500 right before its getting into its power band. So over all yes I had fun but Would I do it again or suggest it for you guys to spend your money prob not. IMO You pay to drive a detuned Lambo and everything else is just whatever.
wow... that sucks -- I was reading through their website, and I'm sort of tempted to rent out for a full day one of the cars.

If they detune it, then it's not really worth the scratch IMO. Too bad. I'd love to get behind the wheel of a lambo.
Too bad, I was thinking about it.. but that sounds real shitty for the cash..
If you guys were driving through Guelph(or closer yet on Victoria Rd near my home in Aberfoyle) I am certain that I have seen this cruise twice now.
My wife wants to rent me an Aston Martin or something similar for our wedding day, so we can leave in it, and go for a drive sometime in the evening.

I was out in a GT500 a couple of weekends ago, and it was stupid fast. It was lightly modified, and had in excess of 530hp at the rear end, and was capable of reaching 260 kph before hitting the rev limiter in 3rd. We went for a couple of short blasts upto 200+ and it was a blast! I'd be happy with one of these for the day, as it's kinda the poor man's AM V8 Vantage...
I wouldn't suggest it for your wedding Day for the price tag you won't get much use out of it. I also played with the rent a car for the wedding but honestly woo hoo you'll snap acouple of pics in it and be stuck dragging your wife with a huge dress in and out of the car. Do the limo thing for the day off so theres nothing 2 worry about and then when u get back or during ur honeymoon rent something nice and hit the open road.
Drew seems like you guys had a crappy day with cars all the way around. GT500 was running good when i was there. Same with other cars. I honestly was gonna ask him to give me some money back just cause nobody notified me that cars were gonna be detuned. But then again even being detuned people manage to hit a guard pole or something. This cruise is more of a bragging rights/I drove this and that car event.
And no I will not be doing this event ever I again unless all the power is gonna be there.

I'm kinda interested in renting a T-Rex Undecided
(07-14-2010, 01:58 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]If you guys were driving through Guelph(or closer yet on Victoria Rd near my home in Aberfoyle) I am certain that I have seen this cruise twice now.

Yes, they drive through Guelph 4 times per week.
sounds like I should head to vegas to rent my dream car.
Vegas Rental

When I go to Vegas and hopefully soon I will be renting something for sure.
Pages: 1 2