FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: WTB svt suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can finally MAYBE do this,

but essentially i want the full svt suspension. I dont know whats in it or what it consists of... like this underbase carriage thing that Kev did (I'm more of a go straight than twisty turny kind of car guy so no clue about suspension)

Go.
(07-10-2010, 07:51 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]can finally MAYBE do this,

but essentially i want the full svt suspension. I dont know whats in it or what it consists of... like this underbase carriage thing that Kev did (I'm more of a go straight than twisty turny kind of car guy so no clue about suspension)

Go.

All you need is two struts, two shocks, four springs, and two sway bars. Although personally I wouldn't bother with the front sway bar given how extensive a job it is to replace.

While you're at it, you should replace the endlinks, the mounts, the spring seats, the bushings, the dust covers and the hardware.

Ford Racing offers part number M-18000-ZX3 which is just what you need ... and the kit is a lot less than buying the parts individually.
i looked it up, that's the Ford Racing Performance Parts suspension?

in other words, that kit there is similar or is the SVT suspension? if it's similar, what are the differences?

and yeah my sus needs some work. front left outer control arm is getting loose from what i've been told
I bought that kit from summit racing....its pretty cheap and you get almost everything u need, but however, i recently swapped out the suspension parts from one focus...to another...then another. (crashed first focus, installed parts on second then bought another focus then swapped the parts again!) depending on how many km are on your focus, most stuff should be replaced/be hard to remove. i had to replace....twice.. both front sway bar end links, lower rear control arms, all hardware for the arms, rear sway bar ends/bushings/hardware....the whole sub frame was rusted out so the bolts, which are used for alignment, wouldn't come loose and had to be torched...which in turn melted the bushings in the control arms...which was a little annoying...and costly...

but...the handling...wow, a noticeable difference, a little stiffer then stock, but still not to bad on bumps, this kit though only offers a 0.5 inch drop.....
ill be at the Monday meet if you got any questions

(07-10-2010, 08:42 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2010, 07:51 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]can finally MAYBE do this,

Go.

All you need is two struts, two shocks, four springs, and two sway bars. Although personally I wouldn't bother with the front sway bar given how extensive a job it is to replace.

While you're at it, you should replace the endlinks, the mounts, the spring seats, the bushings, the dust covers and the hardware.

Ford Racing offers part number M-18000-ZX3 which is just what you need ... and the kit is a lot less than buying the parts individually.
half inch drop is all im looking for anyway so that works for me. ill see u monday Smile
thanks for the link dude. ill look into seeing if i can get it from the US cause its a fair bit cheaper, i mean without tax its 80$ difference on 200 so yeah.

this could be fun though Big Grin
Also look at the M-18000-ZX3A, which is the same kit, minus the rear sway bar, but it includes fully assembled front struts/springs, with new bearings and top plates. I went with that one. I sourced mine through Tousley Ford off of FJ.

Ken (ZTWsquared) also can get them for you...
i have a full kit for sale http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=18049, everything is OBO
(07-12-2010, 12:23 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: [ -> ]i have a full kit for sale http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=18049, everything is OBO

from what i can tell your kit will cost more (330) then buying it all new?
(07-12-2010, 03:05 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2010, 12:23 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: [ -> ]i have a full kit for sale http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=18049, everything is OBO

in the add im also selling an SPC rear chamber kit ($30) which you wont need for such a mild drop, everything is OBO, and at the top of the add i said that i really have no idea what to charge for used suspension so i just threw up some numbers. And, of course i can deliver all the stuff to the next meet or if your close enough, right to your door
(07-12-2010, 06:36 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2010, 03:05 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]

in the add im also selling an SPC rear chamber kit ($30) which you wont need for such a mild drop, everything is OBO, and at the top of the add i said that i really have no idea what to charge for used suspension so i just threw up some numbers. And, of course i can deliver all the stuff to the next meet or if your close enough, right to your door

sorry to do this but assuming everything is in good working condition, 100$. @ the meet too. I'm there tomorrow but I'm not comitting to buying it then. I'm going to sit around a bit before I make any big purchases. I'm also debating whether I want to use this opportunity to buy subs/amp for my car while I currently have the possibility to do such.
With three of my four struts/springs sagging or broke, the M-3000 zx3 kit looked attractive. I got in touch with the Kanata dealership and they said the
M-3000 zx3 kit would be $405.06 fully unassembled. Also it would require $140.00 in bushings and brkts and also a new rear sub frame assembly at $260.00

The M-3000-zx3a kit they said comes assembled at $470.16, but has no rear sway bar which is another $228.00 plus the bushings and sub frame $400.

What pisses me off is their website states $305.00. False advertisement.

I checked out Summit and with shipping it was +$420.00... so they're out of the picture.
(07-22-2010, 09:35 AM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]With three of my four struts/springs sagging or broke, the M-3000 zx3 kit looked attractive. I got in touch with the Kanata dealership and they said the
M-3000 zx3 kit would be $405.06 fully unassembled. Also it would require $140.00 in bushings and brkts and also a new rear sub frame assembly at $260.00

The M-3000-zx3a kit they said comes assembled at $470.16, but has no rear sway bar which is another $228.00 plus the bushings and sub frame $400.

What pisses me off is their website states $305.00. False advertisement.

I checked out Summit and with shipping it was +$420.00... so they're out of the picture.

Just for clarification:

The M-3000-ZX3 kit includes the rear sway bar but the front springs are not assembled to the struts, which usually requires a spring compressor to do it. Ford Racing's retail price in the US is 305.00 USD. A Canadian dealership should not be quoting that price. Dixie Ford for example quotes the Canadian equivalent, plus a "shipping" charge to reimburse their cost of importing the kit from the US.

The M-3000-ZX3A does not include the sway bar, but does include the front springs pre-assembled onto the struts; a major convenience for do-it-yourselfers who do not have a spring compressor. Ford Racing's retail for this kit is 350.00 USD.
Found someone with a kit that was purchased in 2002, but never installed. Paid $300.

I guess I can put the springs and struts on and wait to do the sway bars. Will need to find
some hardware, since my SE didn't come with it.