FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Random Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So yeah picked up my new focus on Tuesday after the dealer dicking around with it for a week, (yay!) noticed before I left that the coolant was low, and then once on the highway that the car has difficulty shifting into 4 & 5, and later reverse, and not going back smoothly into netural, you have to force the car into 4th, 5th or reverse, and swing it back and forth into netural to make sure it's really in netural. Plus the parking brake almost feels off as it set in the very highest point when its set.

Yesterday got the tranny fluid changed (looked like mud when they showed it to me) and got the coolant flushed as it looked oddly low when I picked up the car (it looked like flem when it came out) and while they were waiting for the air pockets to come out the car almost over heated! and last night the Alt/Battery light came on... this was one of the things the dealer said he had fixed before selling me the car. My dad said it looked like they tried to solder it back into place but did a crappy job in doing so because it's not new parts like they said they fixed the car with.

So Today, the Alt/battery light is on with the air bag light, and now the driver's seat is not thinking the seat belt is plugged in, and the car almost over heated again, but I heard the cooling fans kick in twice this morning when I took it out... I'm kinda pissed at this point because the car only has 180kms since I picked it up

FYI the car is a 2002 ZX3 5 speed with 83,000 kms on it.
Shitty buzz Phillipio

what turned you off from Kev's ex-focus with S/C? I think the price was about the same.
(07-11-2010, 06:14 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Shitty buzz Phillipio

what turned you off from Kev's ex-focus with S/C? I think the price was about the same.

Financing, I only had $2000 from my savings to put down on any car at that moment.

On the plus, it's not like I can't afford to get this car fixed, as I still have the Yellow beast stowed away at my aunts as I'm slowly taking her appart, and putting all the useable parts into this one. it's kinda funny knowing that in less then 6 months this car will be fully paid off. I'm just pissed about how the dealer lied about getting the new harness for the alterator, when he could have taken it to a ford dealer and had it fixed and replaced for less then $150 like when it happened on my yellow beast 8 months ago. Otherwise I'm more or less going to get the car fully checked out at Colony Ford to see if the car was blindly certified or not, and if it was I'll be making a complaint to the BBB about the place where I got the car from.
all these used car delaers rubber stamp their certs. We got our van from one of those guys, burnt out bulbs for license plate and shot brakes....
(07-11-2010, 06:38 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2010, 06:14 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Shitty buzz Phillipio

Financing, I only had $2000 from my savings to put down on any car at that moment.

On the plus, it's not like I can't afford to get this car fixed, as I still have the Yellow beast stowed away at my aunts as I'm slowly taking her appart, and putting all the useable parts into this one. it's kinda funny knowing that in less then 6 months this car will be fully paid off. I'm just pissed about how the dealer lied about getting the new harness for the alterator, when he could have taken it to a ford dealer and had it fixed and replaced for less then $150 like when it happened on my yellow beast 8 months ago. Otherwise I'm more or less going to get the car fully checked out at Colony Ford to see if the car was blindly certified or not, and if it was I'll be making a complaint to the BBB about the place where I got the car from.

Pay a reputable place 35 or 50 bucks to have it safetied ... like a dealer or crappy tire ... then, if it looks like they screwed around with the safety you've got a bit of a hammer against them ... "give me some money back for the repairs or I'm going to the ministry of transportation about the fraudulent safety cert you gave me."
The only hassle from a legal perspective is that whoever safetied the car is going to swear up & down that the car passed the safety when they inspected it.

Depending on the time lag between when the safety was actually signed and when the car was sold that may be a viable defense from the dealer.

A safety is not a warranty of any sort, it only says that when the car was inspected it met the bare minimum standards as set by the province.

NefCanuck
I've only ever gotten a "Closed Hood" style safety done to one of my vehicles, and that was so I could get it registered and insured, so I could get the damned thing home to get some bodywork done, and then bring it back to the shop within the same month to get some stuff replaced. That was one situation that the garage took a risk, and did me a huge favour (which then in turn resulted in them getting like $1500 in repairs done to it at their shop, and not someplace else).

Sucky to hear that you are having problems with your car though.

I want another 1st gen Focus too, but the wife won't let me get one...sigh...
well on the plus I got the shifter swapped out as it was coming appart (I'm not joking either) it looked like who ever greased it all back up broke almost all the small clips, and glued them back together. I just put in the Volant in and my car has some serious balls now, it's kinda nice to have the giddy up factor, but still missing the power windows...

honestly I can't wait to hear Wendy at Colony chewing me out about the budget I'm stopping at when I take it in for the repairs as I know it needs all of the aboved mentioned issues addressed.... lol