FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Preferred shipping methods!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to grab some shocks and struts off of someone in the states and was wonderin what methods people have used from the US to here. Last time I shipped something was my springs and I ended up paying the same as if I was to order them from a shop here.

Or if anyone knows of any deals, let me know.
USPS ftw!

just say no to UPS or FEDEX

DHL is ok, but i've only gotten stuff from over seas..... my coilovers from Taiwan were onlt $45 cdn
I prefer USPS to be honest. And ask the shipper to do the customs form themselves -- it takes 2 minutes to fill out, and while you'll still have to pay duty and likely HST, you'll avoid the $45+ brokerage fee.

Same as if you ship UPS or Fedex -- offer to do the customs declaration yourself and you should save on the (insane) brokerage fees.

The only real way to get around the duty and taxes is to have someone declare it as a gift on the customs form, but be careful -- that's technically fraud IIRC.
Pay for Express.
With that method you wont have to pay for duties and brokerage fees. It will be worked into the pricing. Plus you get it next day and in better condition.
Are you close to the border? Have it shipped the closest UPS store, and import it yourself.
(07-12-2010, 09:01 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]USPS ftw!

DHL is ok, but i've only gotten stuff from over seas..... my coilovers from Taiwan were onlt $45 cdn

What he said.
Awesome guys thanks, I will suggest usps to the shipper and tell him about doing the customs papers.

(07-14-2010, 02:13 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2010, 09:01 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]USPS ftw!

What he said.
usps or shipped to border..
last time i paid ups was $50 worth product in box, paid around $60 for their brokerage fee..

anybody heard of this place?
cbi usa??
http://www.cbiusa.com/index.htm