FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I might as well buy some fish!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well...
over the past few weeks after heavy rain, I've noticed a lot of water inside my driver side rocker, in front of my back wheels and under my factory speakers in the back seat.

I can't find were it's coming from.
The father in-law sprayed my car down with a hose while I sat in the back seats with all the interior panels removed but couldn't find the leak.

I used a small screw driver style poker and made holes in all the rubber drain holes in the pinch welds underneath the car so it would drain (which it did drain).

I also took off my svt rear spoiler, tail lights and everything else on my hatch and then sealed off what ever I could think of with goop and rubber weather stripping then re-installed and it's still coming in.Angry

Anyone else have any similar water issues?
I've heard of the Focus having a common cowl leak but it's usually on the passenger side.
I found a couple pics on FJ were someone else has the same problem.
[Image: leak-1.jpg]
[Image: leak2-1.jpg]
i have a problem with my footwell on driver side. my left foot sometimes gets wet in heavy rain LOL
(07-13-2010, 12:29 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]i have a problem with my footwell on driver side. my left foot sometimes gets wet in heavy rain LOL

In my searches for my leak, a lot of posts came up about the cowl having problems and causing water in the front under the dash.
i have been searching for the water noise in my car for a few months now, glad im not the only one. Ive pinpointed it to the drivers side rear but havent had time to dig into it more

also ive replaced alot of the trim on the rear hatches on other focus`at my work. the trim that has the ford logo and the licence plate lights. this doesnt sound like your issue tho
Yeah^^^
I thought it was coming in from my hatch too, so I took everything off and sealed them as good as possible.

My next try is gonna be taking off the cowl and checking if there's any problem in there.
If it was the cowl your passenger would have wet feet. I had that problem a couple years ago. Ford replaced the right cowl piece and applied silicon to the piece where the trim meets the glass. Problem solved. In no way would that water make it to the quarter pannel.

I would suggest removing the rear fender liner and checking for a hole in there somewhere.
(07-13-2010, 12:29 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]i have a problem with my footwell on driver side. my left foot sometimes gets wet in heavy rain LOL

Are you sure you're not pissing yourself with all that boost?
(07-13-2010, 11:23 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]If it was the cowl your passenger would have wet feet. I had that problem a couple years ago. Ford replaced the right cowl piece and applied silicon to the piece where the trim meets the glass. Problem solved. In no way would that water make it to the quarter pannel.

I would suggest removing the rear fender liner and checking for a hole in there somewhere.

I had the entire rear of the car apart on the weekend including the fender liner.
My next step is going to be the cowl since I've noticed the drivers side has a lot of leaves and pine needles stuck in it.