FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brakes Suck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last Saturday, some young lady in a 2000 Honda Civic decided that I, while stopped at a red light, was in her way and I needed to move the Focus out of her way. Needless to say, the Focus didn't get out of her way, and she hit the Focus.. No damage to her vehicle that I could see, a couple of gouges and scratches to the rear bumper of the Focus. Some whiplash and stuff to me and my wife, all being taken care of. I take the Focus into get repaired, and the rental car is a Pontiac G6, with a 4 cylinder. A nice looking car on the outside, very dull and boring on the inside, comfortable to me, at least. I hate the red dash lights though. However, and here's the question. Every Ford vehicle I have ever driven has always had brakes that will stop the car, and I can feel it. Every GM I have driven, the brakes take a lot more effort and time to work. Does anyone know what the difference is?
My Monte Carlo had the same feeling, or lack of feeling. We have a 06 GMC Z71 for our work truck and its the same thing.
Yeah my mother in laws G6 has no positive brake feeling. I also hate the over powered power steering. You can't feel the road while driving, and for a sports sedan that really leaves me feeling uneasy.
My firend's parents love GM and thats all they own and drive. Everytime the car reaches 100,000KM they trade it in not because of the lease or because they don't like the car anymore but because the braking system including calipers brake booster and lines have to be replaced. There brand new 2009 Vibe, 3 months old had to have the front calipers replaced a week ago because they ceased up at an intersection and would not release.
Scorcher000,Mar 23 2009, 10:42 AM Wrote:There brand new 2009 Vibe, 3 months old had to have the front calipers replaced a week ago because they ceased up at an intersection and would not release.
[right][snapback]283238[/snapback][/right]

lol!, should of gotten a Matrix it's the same car, but somehow more reliable! :P