FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Home Theatre Projector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI!!!

Been awhile since I've posted anything.

I'm looking to get projector, stand and screen.

I would like to stay under 1500$

I'm not looking for type of the line stuff.

What would you guys recommend?
I have a stand and screen for you. I'm just looking at how much its worth. You make me a price and I'll say yes or no.

Tri-pod stand USA Made Size unknown yet give me a lil bit and I'll measure and take pics.
Myself i've been running a cheapo Epson EX-71 on a bare wall as my primary TV for almost a year. My wife and I can't really complain, 120 inches for under $500 was pretty good, and for the price the picture is actually really good.

I'm not a videophile but i'm fairly picky and it works well, i'm going to paint the wall with GooSystems once I get some time and frame it up, and it will help with darker scenes as thats the only place it falls short.
$120" for $500 is a sweet deal!

I have 550" ... $25,000 Christie projector Smile ..15,000 lumen ..plus the cost of the screen!

... my smaller set up though yses Sony vpl-ex71's .. got them on sale for $399 last year. they are just simple 2000lumen projectors use them for my 165" screens no problem

yes.. i'm still rocking my standard 27" standard television at home! Blush

i'm starting to educate myself on flat screen TV's .... heard panasonic is the best right now.... ?
(07-28-2010, 07:58 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]Myself i've been running a cheapo Epson EX-71
we sell that projector at work (bestbuy) i didn't think 7bills was cheap LOL but i guess compared to some it is? i only know basic projector stuff so if a customer asks me i don't look like a complete tool.

(08-02-2010, 01:28 AM)Focused Wrote: [ -> ]I have 550" ... $25,000 Christie projector Smile ..15,000 lumen ..plus the cost of the screen!

i'm starting to educate myself on flat screen TV's .... heard panasonic is the best right now.... ?

a $25k projector O_O did you like take out a loan or something? lol...as for TV's samsung makes the best ones, and for that matter aside from LG i believe or sharp, they all use samsung panels.
(08-07-2010, 12:57 AM)Spinal Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2010, 07:58 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]Myself i've been running a cheapo Epson EX-71
we sell that projector at work (bestbuy) i didn't think 7bills was cheap LOL but i guess compared to some it is? i only know basic projector stuff so if a customer asks me i don't look like a complete tool.

It was $449 at Staples a while ago....
(08-07-2010, 12:57 AM)Spinal Wrote: [ -> ]

(08-02-2010, 01:28 AM)Focused Wrote: [ -> ]I have 550" ... $25,000 Christie projector Smile ..15,000 lumen ..plus the cost of the screen!

a $25k projector O_O did you like take out a loan or something? lol...as for TV's samsung makes the best ones, and for that matter aside from LG i believe or sharp, they all use samsung panels.

it's so i can project on this...
[Image: money.jpg]

I've heard a lot of people saying Panasonic is the jam right now..or Toshiba. cant wait to buy one, but don't want to rush into it
Toshiba and Pana are my pics at this time, Pana does have an overscan issue with dvi->hdmi from PCs.
Mid to upper end Sharps are nice also.
if your gonna watch a lot of movies, get a projector that supports 2.35:1 as well, which is the aspect ratio used in theatres, or get yourself a prism lens that will utilize the projector's full resolution but still project on a screen thats 2.35:1, that is, only if your a big movie buff. if you watch TV mostly, then it wouldn't be worth it.