FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: PS and the track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So now that I've had two track weekends with the new car three things really stand out:

One: it handles and brakes wonderfully and draws a lot of attention from the BMW crowd, especially the Americans ... having said that, a larger front sway bar (still stock ZX5) and slightly lower springs would be welcome

Two: you don't need a lot of horsepower to be really fast at Mosport ... on Sunday I had a Porsche 944 driver come over to thank me for a very entertaining 10 laps while he tried to prevent me from passing after I had caught him (I eventually did) ... and only the most serious machines are faster than I am.

Three: the reputation for power steering issues associated with high performance driving are not overstated ... I've already had to change a pump, and I've had to create a new high pressure hose (looks purty) and relocate it away from the SVT header, and I've changed to Redline full synthetic PS fluid.

And still I can't believe how hot it gets.

So ... I'm looking for suggestions on PS cooling ... location, part numbers, ducting ... who's done it ... where and how.

Thanks guys.