FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: iphone 4 came out today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
estimated time of delivery: prior to 10:30am
time of delivery: 10:29am
Thats service lol. UPS?...
so?
Wish I had that kind of money...
Got the phone, but Telus "Loyalty & Retention" are a bunch of clueless meatheads who have probably pissed away my business for refusing to throw in CID & refusing to offer me a term contract to cement the price of the plan for a fixed term Dodgy

Now I'm going to see what the other carriers will offer to snag my business.

NefCanuck
I wanna hear some feedback
So far, I'm loving the phone.

some points and observations:
- the screen on this thing is amazing... it's really as good as everyone says it is.
- call quality is really good
- no problems with signal strength. It works everywhere my old phone worked
- the camera works really well -- almost too well. it's particularly fast, and if you're not careful, you'll take a half dozen pictures of nothing before you actually take a pic of what you're looking for.
- does apps and all that fun stuff the old iphone did -- it's just a bit brighter, sharper and faster.
ok im sold......
I find it interesting that people would not recommend the phone over the antenna issue. If you're right-handed, or use a case (like my full phone skin), it's not a problem, and it's the only thing that would bring this phone down.

Just remember that if you use it a lot, you'll be charging it a lot... the battery doesn't last long if you're constantly on the 'net, downloading apps, playing games and listening to music.
(08-22-2010, 05:18 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]Just remember that if you use it a lot, you'll be charging it a lot... the battery doesn't last long if you're constantly on the 'net, downloading apps, playing games and listening to music.

That's the issue I have with my Iphone 3G.....got it when they just came out
well, then the good news is that the battery does a bit better than the 3GS... not sure how it stacks up to the 3G...

[Image: 40999_10150236057385174_845970173_143345...3120_n.jpg]
Playing with my phone today as well (after blowing a gasket with Telus I'm done with those idiots and I'm just marking time til I swap carriers) I'm not sure why everyone is worried about battery life, I'm barely at 50% and I've been talking on the phone, downloading apps & skyping like mad (over wifi)

Even managed to get most of my custom ringtones back on the phone but I'll be cooking up some new ones too Big Grin

NefCanuck
^^^no surprise really...When you use WiFi, battery lasts much longer then while on 3G connetion.
I'd heard people complaining that Skype was a battery vampire regardless of wifi or 3G use in this version of their program.

NefCanuck
I'll field 100 or so emails while on the hour train ride home and my battery is pretty much toast from a full 100%. Thats with my adam carolla and dean blundell podccasts going in the background. The email chews through your battery pretty good.
A tip is to turn the brightness of the screen down and turn off asking for wifi connections.

I friggin love my iPhone.
From what I've seen so far the biggest by far killer of the battery is streaming audio over 3G.

That nukes your battery faster than a snowball in a microwave (but it's sure nice to get internet radio stations in the car thanks to the BlueTooth audio streaming feature of SYNC Big Grin)

NefCanuck
I guess the only real downside to the iphone is having to charge it every day. I'll be replacing the battery in a year or two I guess...

But there's so much cool stuff I can do with the phone... I've been using iMapMyFitness to map my runs and the social network hooks are pretty damn cool. So tracking diet, workouts, runs, etc is pretty convenient. loving the phone.

and not to mention plants vs zombies...
Are you on a 3 year contract?
My current contract expires end of 2012, I bought the iphone off contract... so I need it to last more than a year.
I paid the extra $79 for the Applecare warranty so if I cook the battery on the thing I should still be good for two years.

Oh and strongarmed Telus to get the 6GB data for a year for $30, streaming internet radio over BT to my stereo in the car FTMFW baby Big Grin

Oh and Words with friends, user name NefCanuck, free version has ads but is otherwise uncrippled

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2 3