FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: a few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dose any one know of a good website to clean/scan ur computer? my laptop is running considerably slow these days im currently running no anti virus software.

i probably should be but when i was in school i got used to having full dell tec support on site with a full warranty. so any thing went wrong they would just fix it no questions asked.

also im thinking i want to wipe the computer and start from scratch. how would i go a bought doing this?
(08-03-2010, 07:47 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]Dose any one know of a good website to clean/scan ur computer? my laptop is running considerably slow these days im currently running no anti virus software.

i probably should be but when i was in school i got used to having full dell tec support on site with a full warranty. so any thing went wrong they would just fix it no questions asked.

also im thinking i want to wipe the computer and start from scratch. how would i go a bought doing this?

Perhaps your ISP has some free software ... I'm no expert, but I find the online protection suite I get free from Rogers keeps my computer running fine.
if you want to start from the scratches, back up your important files to dvd disc or external memory card or storage.

then have your os system in cd, insert and follow.

this link will get you an idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cop_am1WM
use avg free

Here's the link to download.com

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-...d=11014801
Microsoft also offers their "Security Essentials" software which is free and basically runs itself.

NefCanuck
thanks all ill try that.
Dan, what about Windows defender? do they still run that?
AVG that s**t up and I'll post my PIN later. Get the 9.0 internet suite version.
This goes for anyone!!
Also if you are with Rogers, they have McAfee for free
(08-03-2010, 01:09 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]Dan, what about Windows defender? do they still run that?

I think once you install Microsoft Security Essentials it takes over from Defender. I run ESET Security Suite myself so I'm trying to remember based on the netbook I set up for a friend.

Actually, I probably have to go see the little thing again, this person is really bad about updating and even with everything set to Automatic (still manages to somehow miss updates Huh)

NefCanuck