FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: race pipe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dose any one on here run a race pipe on there non turbo focus? prefferbly an svt.

is there a down side the not running a cat other than the emmisions laws.

i herd it could let ur engen run lean?

i want to run it on stock svt exhaust. i was considering a high flow cat but i might as well go for broke and just use the race pipe.
I had a ORP on mine, sounded like a ricer...

Just get one of these and call it a day:
[Image: hfc1.jpg]
(08-03-2010, 11:42 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]I had a ORP on mine, sounded like a ricer...

Just get one of these and call it a day:
[Image: hfc1.jpg]

how much and info
i used to have that with 4-2-1 race header, response was good but noisy..
i would never go back to the setup i had..
Loud and stinky with the ORP!

I have run both, and only because my hi-flow cat cracked and I definitely prefer to have the cat in place. If I was planning to use it as a track only car then I would put up with the loudness and the smell. My clothes would smell like exhaust fumes after driving with the ORP. It is super loud and ricey sounding at WOT.

Whatever gains there are with the less restrictive ORP are hardly ever utilized because I try to avoid driving at wide open throttle just to keep the noise down.
A guy called Domonic makes these, he is on FJ and FF. Does some very nice welding. I can't say I lost any performance. As for noise its still a little raspy when its cold, but as soon as it warms up to operating temp it is a very nice sounding exhaust note.

He has his HFC on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-Focus-SVT-High-F...2a06506663
Wow thats a crazy price...
Get one of these. Same one I bought and get a good shop to install what you want. Same noise I asume. Raspy at cold start up and improves the sounds when warmer. This part number is used on Farrari and Masarati. Sounds great.
Lil loud but not as much as running with nothing. Plus you can run clean too.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAGNAFLOW-2-5-High-Fl...2c54826326
Wow that issss pricey if you ask me. You can get a full cat back for that price lol.
That won't fit on SVT's... the clearance is an issue under the oil pan.

A Full Cat Back isn't going to include a Catalytic, my list price on the catalytic when I was looking was about $180 just for the cat, then I had to fab up and weld it in. It worked out a little more expensive but it was just a 10 minute job to install it.
Yes I know a cat back doesn't include that actual Cat but for all that trouble i say scrap the cat and run a straight pipe.
It sounds like #$#$#$ thats why running a straight pipe on SVT isn't that great.
(08-04-2010, 03:08 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like #$#$#$ thats why running a straight pipe on SVT isn't that great.

do you still have ur svt race pipe
(08-06-2010, 01:45 PM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2010, 03:08 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like #$#$#$ thats why running a straight pipe on SVT isn't that great.

do you still have ur svt race pipe

I only have the HFC pictured above. You could make a race pipe sound better by adding a larger resonator, but that just means more work to do.