FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus to high mileage ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what are some of the mileage you guys have ? im looking into possibly buying another focus its a 2003 with 254,000 km just wondering what kind of stuff I should be concerned about ? and what kind of mileage people are getting out of there zetecs ? id have no problem changing engine if its needed
its not just the motors, its all the other moving parts, tranny, cv joints, mounts, bushings, bearings.

I know a few ppl that are deep into the 300's on their zetecs without more than regular maintenance.
250,000 kms when my 2001 focus was killed, but all the maintaince from 200,000 up to that mileage this is what I had replaced as it either wore out or was time to change it.

Timing belt, (every 100,000 kms it should be done)
water pump (started to make noises)
both front calipers (mine were not releasing after taking my foot off the brake)
Steering rack - started to leak
CV joints / boots
shocks / struts - these were the OEM orginals
coolant /rad hoses, & this was the reason why my pump died a few months later...
Ignition Coil and pins
feul pump (under recall was never done till last year)
MAF sensor
PCV Valve - this plus the maf, and ignition coil was an $1100 repair
Altenator Harness (due to age)
stablizer arms (both sides)
horn
front end barings
brake pads and new tires.

this is not including the altenator, and battery I put in the car a year earlier, or the regular things like tranny flushes, oil changes, and coolant flushes, or light bulbs either.

but for regular gas milage I was avaraging about 435 kms a tank, and that was with the 5 speed and doing all city driving, and that would usually last me 2 weeks Smile
My 2000 had 306k and still ran perfect before I scrapped it.
I know Richard (GapBoyPCS) has over 400,000 kms on his.

I'm at 250,000 myself.
GapBoy is well over 600kms by now.
Mine has 265,000 kms. As long as the body is good, not too much rust, everything else can be replaced as needed.