FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: few question before..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
before i start doing part out my car, i have few questions..

is there any place i can store my car and do part out or storage won't let me do it..?

and when i do part out, shell will be taken by wrecking yard or salvage yard..only if they take it..do i just hand over my ownership or do i take it to mto to report?

by the way, once i gather $1000, find car and the car is in my hand, my current ride will begin to part..it will be in a month or two.
I have a scrap guy that would probably let you store your car in his garage and part it out over some time if you give him whats left.
really, i will be selling, suspension kit with rear sway bar, euro rear bumper(complete with crash foam, reinforcement bar and fog/reverse light), spoiler, fender(driver side is from original and pass side is aftermarket made oe spec), kona door mouldings(if someone wants it), pioneer double din avh-p4000dvd, rockford fosgate amplifiers, fc 65mm tb(comes with auto bracket, also can be used without it for manual), weapon r sri, fr svt exhaust conversion(complete, comes with svt power steering line w/adaptor to fit on regular zetec, dipstick tube, egr tube, o2 sensor extension, cat, flexpipe), momo mod 7 steering wheel, samco red hose, ghetto retrofitted projectors(lexus projector lens)..

i guess that is about it..
so i guess i can give him engine, trans, bodyshell, few interior bits. if that is okay for him to take it and store my car during part out, i am okay with it.
Well I'll say it first Kona, I'll take the Side Trim, I thought it was cool, and for sure I'll take the Euro rear bumper off you.

Also you can take the shell to a metal scrap yard as well, but you might want to make it as heavy as possible as they generally pay out by the weight of the car by the ton, depending on the cost of metal for the day it might be less then what a wreaking yard will take for it, but they will take any car in any condition.
thanks for the tip

follow this link
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=18282
(08-11-2010, 06:57 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the tip

follow this link
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=18282

Yeah I saw that, I'm very tempted by that rear brake conversion kit, and had I know about it a week ago I would have held off on getting the servicing for another week on the car I got now lol

also are you keeping the Euro clock, and adapter?
yep euro clock and panel will be transferred.
You don't have to tell MTO just make sure you keep your plates. I had pretty much nothing left on the shell so I just handed over my ownership he pulled it up onto the flat bed and off they went. No cash and didn't pay for the tow which would of been about 200 bucks since it had no suspension and no engine.
Keep in mind if you need a hand im down to help if I can get my hands on the fenders and rad support Wink
(08-11-2010, 11:55 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to tell MTO just make sure you keep your plates.

you should tell the MTO...

When I sold my Subaru Justy for like $100, the kid blew the brake lines in some cottage country back roads and left it on the side of the road. because I never called the MTO to say i sold it, it was under my name still, and the OPP wanted to charge me for illegally dumping a car.

I had to send in my receipt with the UVIP I purchased to show them I did indeed sell the car. he also made a point that I should have called and told them it was sold.