FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rota Slipstream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: rota2.jpg]
Does this mean you bought Rotas? Do you have a better picture?
well that pic looks like they were photoshoped on. or its got 4 wheel steer. look how the rear wheels are turned
I already got a set of those :P
no that's photoshopped....i still cant decide on gunmetal or maybe steel grey....i think full royal steel grey is too shiny (like chrome) and flat black looks too much like winter steelies....
using a colour image may help.
Drop before wheels, or it'll look silly.
yeah that's another thing i was thinking about. Are there some wheels that look ok without a drop (ie. the stock ones look fine without a drop.....but yeah the rota slipstreams might look odd without a drop..not sure why...maybe cuz of the style?) and what's the smallest drop you can do? anything less than 1.8 drop available?
I did the SVT kit on mine, and it looks good. It's definitely less than 1.8", and gives the sedan a nice stance. Not bad price, and better handling too. Plus, 15" rims look ok on it.

Ryan
cornflakes,Mar 18 2009, 08:46 PM Wrote:yeah that's another thing i was thinking about.  Are there some wheels that look ok without a drop (ie. the stock ones look fine without a drop.....but yeah the rota slipstreams might look odd without a drop..not sure why...maybe cuz of the style?) and what's the smallest drop you can do? anything less than 1.8 drop available?
[right][snapback]282985[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure I've ever felt that any rim looked good on the North American Focus suspension ... one of the reasons the Euro cars always looked better even with stock rims is because the stock suspension was considerably lower.

FYI - the Eibach Pro-kit has a drop of 1.4 front and 1.5 rear. Check out Kevin's car for how that looks.

Someone on here who goes to the states a lot and bought parts when the dollar was real good might have a set of new Eibach's in his garage and might let it go for real cheap.

LOL - let me know if you're interested and I'll ask him.
yeah i agree with you said......i haven't really seen anything that looks good on the focus (especially sedan) without a drop. Do you think black wheels make the space/gap of a non-dropped car less noticeably because it blends in?

For some reason, whenever i look at my winter rims (black steelies) i feel like it's not that noticeable and it almost looks like a 1/2 inch drop or something.

I did notice my 15" winter tires are the SAME height as my 16" stockers.
195/60/15 is the same height as the 205/50/16.

focus is a true 4x4

don't put rims without a drop....been there

and Slimpstream are nice and light
cornflakes,Mar 18 2009, 10:26 PM Wrote:I did notice my 15" winter tires are the SAME height as my 16" stockers.
[right][snapback]282992[/snapback][/right]

They should be! ...otherwise your speedometer would read wrong.

If you get 17" wheels you should buy the appropriately sized tire to make it the same height as your stock setup. That is why everyone is suggesting a drop. Whatever wheel and tire combination you go with will have the same gap between the top of the tire and the fender.
dBlast,Mar 19 2009, 06:23 AM Wrote:
cornflakes,Mar 18 2009, 10:26 PM Wrote:I did notice my 15" winter tires are the SAME height as my 16" stockers.
[right][snapback]282992[/snapback][/right]

They should be! ...otherwise your speedometer would read wrong.

If you get 17" wheels you should buy the appropriately sized tire to make it the same height as your stock setup. That is why everyone is suggesting a drop. Whatever wheel and tire combination you go with will have the same gap between the top of the tire and the fender.
[right][snapback]282999[/snapback][/right]

^^^ truer words have never be spoken.
I had to roll my fenders. :(
dang, so now the guy tells me the order for black slipstream will be MINIMUM 3 months with 50% deposit.

So i'm not gonna wait that long. Is there anyone else who knows where I can get an order of rota slipstreams sooner? If not I'll just have to through ebay then since they are ready to ship immediately (but pay the extra fees).

i'll give you 3 places to call:

1) Tires23
905-602-8881 (try asking for Billy lau)
http://www.tires23.com

2) Auto Sports
905-948-9556

3) Formula Import
905-946-7962

good luck
NikiterZTS,Mar 21 2009, 02:50 PM Wrote:i'll give you 3 places to call:

1) Tires23
905-602-8881  (try asking for Billy lau)
http://www.tires23.com

2) Auto Sports
905-948-9556

3) Formula Import
905-946-7962

good luck
[right][snapback]283155[/snapback][/right]

1. they're the ones that told me 3 months MINIMUM (which could easily mean 6months)

2. doesn't get them anymore

3. doesn't get them

:S
give me exact dimensions of the rims that you want and i'll take a look
NikiterZTS,Mar 21 2009, 05:01 PM Wrote:give me exact dimensions of the rims that you want and i'll take a look
[right][snapback]283167[/snapback][/right]

rotashop (UK) - says has them only in 15" and shipping will be extensive

urban expressions (AB) - says he might be able to order them but will take a few weeks

simplytire (near York U) - says rota line dropped by all cdn distributors - suggested if i liked any enkei wheels

kirk dunham (aka KD Performance) - now he says he can set up a paypal payment for me if that's better (but he refused to disclose his seller out in CA, USA).

still waiting to hear from:

racinglab (CA), oakos automotive (MI), need to call autosportz in Illinois, need to call jaydm.com (SD), and haven't heard from imageinmotion (BC).

The exact specs of the wheels are: 16 inch, 4x108 bolt patter, 45+mm offset in flat black.

Thanks,
I had passed by Wheels Direct today @ Sheppard & McCowan, and they had some black Rota's up on the display area near the front counter, did you try calling them and see if they have them in your size & colour???
Pages: 1 2