FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear Disc Brake Conversion Parts Needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!
I just picked up a pair of 2007 Focus ST rear disc brakes, now I'm not 100% sure what else I need for the conversion.

Here's what I have (Gonna get them fully cleaned and painted before install)
[Image: DSC00098.jpg]
[Image: DSC00100.jpg]

I think the only items I still need are

Parking brake cable assembly................. ( 1)..1m5z2a603ab
Brake hoses - rear........................................(2)..5s4z2282ca

Not sure if I need these or not?
Hose bracket - LR......................................(1)..ys4z2082eb
Hose bracket - RR......................................(1)..ys4z2082fb

If someone else has already done this conversion and know of anymore parts I need, let me know please

Thanks
Shawn
Yeah, I un-bolted everything right off the LCA, I would have got the hoses and e-brake cable but the guy at the scrap yard cut them before i could tell him not too.

I think I have everything but the brake hoses and parking brake cable assembly.

HEY! what happened? :blink:
Just go out and get some SS Brake Lines.
Maybe later on down the road I'll upgrade to steel lines, but I'm just trying to get this done for as cheap as possible atm.
castone,Mar 21 2010, 11:43 AM Wrote:Maybe later on down the road I'll upgrade to steel lines, but I'm just trying to get this done for as cheap as possible atm.
[right][snapback]303630[/snapback][/right]
What's your timeline - I just recently installed new SVT brakes on the rear of my ZX5 which came with brand new lines.

I also just bought a set of SS lines as part of the group buy - so when I install them, my OE lines will be redundant (and exactly what you need because they are identical spec to the ST rear lines) - I'm sure we could come to some mutually agreeable arrangement.
Nice one Ken!
I didn't know you got another focus(welcome back). :D

I'm not in that much of a hurry, I still need to take everything apart and clean and paint before I even think about installing, most likely in a few weeks.

I was gonna phone around from work for prices, but if you can get me a good price on the correct hand brake cable I'd need, I would just grab everything from you.

let me know when you're thinking of doing your ss lines, and we can work things out.

Thanks
Shawn
castone,Mar 21 2010, 03:25 PM Wrote:Nice one Ken!
I didn't know you got another focus(welcome back). :D

I'm not in that much of a hurry, I still need to take everything apart and clean and paint before I even think about installing, most likely in a few weeks.

I was gonna phone around from work for prices, but if you can get me a good price on the correct hand brake cable I'd need, I would just grab everything from you.

let me know when you're thinking of doing your ss lines, and we can work things out.

Thanks
Shawn
[right][snapback]303636[/snapback][/right]
Yup - Fusion is now daily driver only, and ZX5 is basically for the track. PM on its way.
Very nice! can't wait to see the ZX5 all ready for the track!
Hose Brackets are not needed, as they restrict the movement of the caliper when having it off for future service work.

FYI I have a set of Cross/Drilled Rotors and Ceramic Pads for $100 if you want them.
Thanks Scorcher.
If you still have the rotors and pads in a few weeks I'll grab them.
Consider them yours.
Scorcher000,Mar 22 2010, 03:14 PM Wrote:Consider them yours.
[right][snapback]303665[/snapback][/right]
Thanks!
I will be in touch. :D