FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Offroad curbage - need help and a hug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So thanks to a trucker who apparently didn't see my bright fricken red Focus - I ended up turning to avoid him and skidded across a gravel laden intersection and directly over a curb - straight ahead.

The pics speak for themselves, but one LCA is significantly bent, the other completey busted as is the oil pan, the SVT header and the wheel on the drivers side and the halfshaft was torn out of the tranny.

Both wheels were pushed back into the fenders ... and ... well f**k I am so pissed ... the SVTOA Mosport session is on Monday and Tuesday and I doubt I can get this fixed by then.

[Image: P1000590.jpg]

[Image: P1000591.jpg]

[Image: P1000596.jpg]

[Image: P1000594.jpg]
Ken,

If you need some stock front LCA's, would the 2007 year work on your car? I do have a set sitting in my shed as I'm using C-F-M ones on the Turbo Focus.
I have 1 stock svt rim...
Oh snap, at least you are ok. Sorry to hear this Ken. If you need a hand don't hesitate to ask.
(08-27-2010, 11:30 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]Ken,

If you need some stock front LCA's, would the 2007 year work on your car? I do have a set sitting in my shed as I'm using C-F-M ones on the Turbo Focus.

Thanks Oscar - yes they would be the same (all the way up to 2010 in fact) - if I decide not to go with the aftermarket ones that you got, I just might take you up on them ... how much would you like - and I can figure out shipping costs.
Hope all works out!
ZTW,

Oh crap Undecided That's a nice bit of damage there but at least you're okay right?

That would suck to miss the on track totally too. Unless you wanna share my car? (and bore yourself to tears Big Grin)

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

NefCanuck
wow sorry to hear that Ken. Why not insurnace and cops? I'm afraid you might have some big issues with alignment later on.
Sorry to hear/see Ken!
If you need a single tire just to get back on the road we have a couple of single Dunlop track tires at work, I think it would be around $40 installed.
WOW Ken that's crazy!! Glad you are ok tho!

I have some gear here i can lend you if you want to make it to the Mosport session....

I have a OBX 4-2-1 header w/ 02 cheater, bosal flex, 2x team dynamics 17" light weight wheels and the oil pan off my old motor

let me know i'm off fri,sat,sun
thats suckkks.
Glad your alright Ken!
(08-27-2010, 08:34 PM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]WOW Ken that's crazy!! Glad you are ok tho!

I have some gear here i can lend you if you want to make it to the Mosport session....

I have a OBX 4-2-1 header w/ 02 cheater, bosal flex, 2x team dynamics 17" light weight wheels and the oil pan off my old motor

let me know i'm off fri,sat,sun

Thanks guys ... MO - no witnesses stuck around and I didn't get a license plate from the truck and I haven't told the insurance co. about the supercharger - - so no cops and no insurance.

Gord - is the header and oil pan for sale?
Damn ! , that's alot of damage . I got to go to Toronto today , but sure as hell I am taking the van . Is there anybody else going to Mosport monday ? Ken , I really hope you'll get your car fixed on time .
Yes the header and oil pan are for sale, only thing not for sale is the Bosal flex as it is already sold

if you buy the header i'll throw in the 2 team dynamics wheels and oil pan?
Oh and on a side note.....

for your other items.... Abe's auto wreckers in Bowmanville is having a "free" parts day all you can carry for $45 sat and sun opens at 8am

http://www.aawr.ca

1-888-355-5666 or 905-623-5756
(08-27-2010, 10:51 PM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the header and oil pan are for sale, only thing not for sale is the Bosal flex as it is already sold

if you buy the header i'll throw in the 2 team dynamics wheels and oil pan?
Oh and on a side note.....

for your other items.... Abe's auto wreckers in Bowmanville is having a "free" parts day all you can carry for $45 sat and sun opens at 8am

http://www.aawr.ca

1-888-355-5666 or 905-623-5756

Thanks Gord - I'll take the header and oil pan (and anything that's free, of course LOL) - PM me with a price and your phone number - thanks.
(08-27-2010, 10:58 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Gord - I'll take the header and oil pan (and anything that's free, of course LOL) - PM me with a price and your phone number - thanks.

pm'd
shitty to hear ken, make sure to go over EVERYTHING with a fine tooth comb tho, it may no look like it has any issues but make sure everything gets checked out. last thing you want is to get it all back together and find something more is bent. check your tie rods, hub assemblies and all on the front.
Ken,

I'm not sure how much the oem's are worth, but I'd like to get 75% of new value plus shipping. They only have 30k on them.

But if you're planning on making this thing track ready, I strongly suggest you go with the CFM ones as they are lighter, use heim joints, and are camber adjustable without screwing up strut bearings.
(08-27-2010, 10:22 PM)Gabriel Wrote: [ -> ]Damn ! , that's alot of damage . I got to go to Toronto today , but sure as hell I am taking the van . Is there anybody else going to Mosport monday ? Ken , I really hope you'll get your car fixed on time .

I'll be there with bells on Sunday night Big Grin

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2