FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Roof Rack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sure why not... i've been on and off about this for quite some time now, so i've been researching and picked up a kit. Best part of this basket is that when I pick up bike racks in the future I can mount them to the basket. Anyone else running roof rack systems?

[Image: IMG_4832.jpg]
Very nice. I was thinking of getting the exact same setup. Do you have any side shots so I can see the profile? Where did you get it and how much?
That's the only side shot I have as of yet, but the Thule 480R brackets are very flush, not much clip showing which is the look I was after.

[Image: IMG_4835.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4837.jpg]

Not sure if i'm keeping the basket on after I need it for the long weekend or not, but the rails will stay on. I'll take some side shots tomorrow and post them up for ya.

I got the system from RackAttack in Mississauga. A co-worker has picked up a few systems for his rides and recommended them to me, and from what i've priced locally they were the most reasonable/realistic.
It looks really large. How far back does it go, and will it interfear with the hatch? Is that the MOAB?
Looks great!
As soon as I can find a Kona rack for my ZX3 I'm going to be building a custom basket.
Thanks! Ya it's the MOAB, It's much larger than I anticipated but gives you a very usable space. There are smaller alternatives from other companies, but for it's purpose why go smaller? It doesn't interfere whatsoever with the hatch, and I have room to add the extension kit if i'd really like and the trunk would still open. (not gonna happen though lol, it's big enough)
I'm using the Kona...

[Image: Skybox002.jpg]

[Image: Skybox004.jpg]

[Image: Skybox005.jpg]
i want your kona ^^^^^
Very nice, the Kona system looks awesome on the two door model!

Anywho, here's a couple other shots including a side shot to show the height.

[Image: IMG_4855.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4847.jpg]
Looks really good in those shots. I am guessing when I say you can place it anywhere you like front to back on the roof. Yes?
From what the guys at RackAttack told me, the system is very flexible on basket placement. The mounting dimensions are for the engineered max strength of the bars and car's structural design, and that is basically what I have it setup for now.
[Image: IMG_4847.jpg]
[/quote]

your focus is hott with the rack
Very cool. I would put the rack further back if I got one.
I'm digging the Rack...... not so much the MOAB

I'll be picking one up soon, but plan on getting a torpedo like WungunSVT's
Thanks. Ya the MOAB's large, but I love it's ability to hold other carriers.
I like your Focus's rack. Big Grin