FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: THE END OF AN ERA....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like the green monster has busted it's last knuckle. Sad

Because of the ass-wipe that broke into my car and jacked my stereo decided to bleed on every square inch of my upholstery, they've decided to declare it a total loss. So now I'm challenged with the decision to either buy it back from the insurance company, and have it fixed on my own dime, or go with the write off and get something new.

The trouble is, the wife and I already have a car payment (her car) and we're planning on selling our house in the very near future. With that being said, I won't be able to get the car I really want. So, do I buy the focus back, have it fixed and deal with it for the next couple of years? Or do I settle for something entry-level and drive something I really don't want?

This is a TOTAL drag.
buy it back, i have a sedan interior that you can have for 50$ from my 07 and it can all be fixed relatively cheap and then you can get the car you really want later
Take the cheque, buy some beater in the meantime until you can afford the car you want.
The big selling point to keeping the Focus to me is that you know everything about the car. If you buy another used beater, you are probably buying somebody else's problems. With minimal effort and money, you should be able to get it back up to daily driver status pretty easily, since basically it's a rip-out and replace of the interior bits.

Also, how much are they giving you for it in insurance money, and how much will you be able to buy it back for? There might be enough of a difference to fix it, and put a half decent stereo back in it.
(08-30-2010, 11:10 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]buy it back, i have a sedan interior that you can have for 50$ from my 07 and it can all be fixed relatively cheap and then you can get the car you really want later

Or Mine, I have the complete Sedan interior in the dimond cloth in black as it's the street edition interior, and glass for all four windows that are tinted, all the seats, dash, and carpets, and two useable door pannels, and I can get the replacement front ones for you too.

Keep in mind if you buy a Kia, even a mid trim model, you'll NEVER get any retained value from it as they are the worst for retained value, and I've seen a few 2010, and 2011 forte & spectras will less then 40kms come to my work and not even fetch beyond $8,000 for them, and there are tonns of them at my work.
i was kidding about the KIA. :lol:

I may need to bug you for some interior parts.

a.
that's a tough call man.. if you can replace the interior for cheap, it may be worth doing so.. You've taken good care of that car, and could probably get a few more good years out of it..

granted, I know the feeling of having your car violated... so even a used car may feel better than fixing the green monster.

Let me know if you need help doing a swap.. I have power tools. Big Grin
I would say get it back if you can at a reasonable price. Do the interior swap and replace the deck with some thing nobody would want. I think I have my old stock CD player around if you want it. No charge.
Thanks fellas. It just proves my point about there being some great guys on this board I've been inundated with PMs from members wanting to help out. I'm expecting a call from the insurance company tomorrow.
LMFAO why even consider a KIA... c'mon Tony.
Save for what you really want, if the buy back is reasonable, some great offers here for the interiors, a new KIA will really depreciate quickly. You just do not want to regret it in the long run. I know I saw the new Edge and its going to take a lot of saving and time, Hope the SVT has another 5 years in it. Good luck either way.
David
I know a scrapyard around here (Belleville) that sells parts very cheap. I'd buy it back.
Roberto LOVES KIAHeart so please becareful of some of our "older" members
Keep in mind, if you buy it back, make sure they take total loss off your title if you can swing it as part of the deal with your insurance company, as it will kill your resale value on your focus with that brand on there.
Just go and get a lease return of something you like that's still got it's full warranty, but at a greatly reduced price. Something like a GMC Acadia or Flex Limited...
My money's on buy it back, get some Sparcos for the front (or wungun's SVT seats?) and then give'er a really good detailing. Failing that, re-upholster the car in pimp velour.
Bought it back. They gave me $4500 bucks for it.
lol/

had the s**t detailed out of it and the window replaced.

I actually made money by the end of the ordeal.
I'm still driving around with no music though hence the looking for a harness. Sad
Where's my Like button, bitches? That's awesome, Anthony!
Glad to hear Tony!
Tony is gonna take all of us out for wings now to celebrate.
Pages: 1 2