FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Trader.ca
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I sold my car on trader.ca, well I tried the free ad and it did not work. I called their customer service and they were complete assholes. So rude its not even funny, as soon as I mention the online ads they get all pissed and say well its self service your on your own. OK well I want to sell my $%$%ing car so I payed to put it on there. Thinking hey its internet as soon as the ad is reviewed it will be posted.... NOOOO.

I get an email back next day that is approved and will be in a mag starting the 18th. Great, but the online ad must be there already I mean since they are free right now.

After a few calls to very rude people at trader.ca I finally find out that its going to be only posted on the 18th and run the same time as the mag. They advise me to post the free online ad (that was fixed).

So here I am with an online ad, posted my focus at 3800, and it sold in 6 hours. Great I wanted it to sell fast, now its a good $200 less than all other focus and low KM's I expected it to sell fast. Now i'm still getting calls over the weekend, at least 1 an hour.

I realize its the weekend, as there is no way online to remove the posting. I just wait until I get time today. Today I call, and as soon as I mention the online add again the instant attitude starts. I let her finish her its a self serve service bs. I just ask her if there is anyway to remove it or edit it out. "No sir you just wait 7 days and it will be removed".

Like #$%% them man. I don't think its too much to ask that a free service to add has a free god damn service to remove my ad.

Anyway I just checked and apparently there's no disclaimer about rules for posting. Like no profanity, or no nude photos nothing. Its just posted...INSTANTLY. I actually posted one thinking they can't be this stupid they must filter them somehow...I feel bad now cuz theres no filter and no way for me to delete it.

Thats my rant, what little sense it made. I'm still pissed.

WOW.

I've never seen you this pissed.

Hope they sort you out soon.
yeah kev....something you want to get off your chest? lol

trader.ca was a waste of time and money for me. Put my add on autocatch.ca, and it sold pretty quickly.
They charge my dad 450 a month and they are still assholes. So it doesnt really matter how much you pay. Service sucks with them and the are way too expensive. But what can you do, ppl only go to trader to see cars.