FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: dam you car wash...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
went to the car wash tonight and it broke of my stubby antenna

soo im probly gona need to replace the base and i might be able to reuse the antenna.

dose any one have a base i can buy or should i go thrugh ford?
i have it
pay me shipping and you can have it.
[Image: IMG_6999.jpg]
touchless car washes are your best friend! lol or just do it by hand...
(09-03-2010, 04:04 PM)smith21 Wrote: [ -> ]touchless car washes are your best friend! lol or just do it by hand...

not really they don't clean the cars correctly, not to mention if you have a hood deflecter, or bra on your car the wind and water jets can break thoses.
If water jets or wind breaks something on my car its not safe to be on my car on the road. Rather it break in a carwash than on the highway with wind gusts and hit another car...
stuby antennas are garbage, broke mine in the coin-op car wash, just tapped it ever so slightly with the brush and it broke, its not even made properly for our car, you cant put a metal antenna with a plastic base, it should have been made out of plastic/rubber with a wire in it from the start similar to the original.

I just ended up buying a new antenna base from Ford, because the old one was useless with the thread broken, same for the stubby antenna, it was unusable after as well, tossed it in the trash where it belongs.
(09-03-2010, 10:56 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]i have it
pay me shipping and you can have it.
[Image: IMG_6999.jpg]

ok deal.

ill pm you with detals
didn't get your pm.

where are you located?
drill, tap, put in a stud and DONE!