FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Factory alarm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my 2003 Focus ZX5 and it was broken into and the trunk lid was bent. now the alarm goes off whenever it decides to and i was wondering if there was anyway to disconnect the alarm?
Without going to the car to check myself, to check what system you have, the solution is simple. Jumper or disconnect the trunk switch, whichever you need to. If it's a single wire going to the switch, disconnect it (and tape it) so that it doesn't complete the circuit to ground. If it's two wires, jumper them together or disconnect them depending if the switch is open or closed when the trunk is closed.

The idea here is to bypass the switch to make the alarm think the trunk is closed. The side advantage to this is that you won't have the trunk light coming on randomly draining your battery. The downside is that your trunk light will no longer work.
(09-04-2010, 01:49 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]Without going to the car to check myself, to check what system you have, the solution is simple. Jumper or disconnect the trunk switch, whichever you need to. If it's a single wire going to the switch, disconnect it (and tape it) so that it doesn't complete the circuit to ground. If it's two wires, jumper them together or disconnect them depending if the switch is open or closed when the trunk is closed.

The idea here is to bypass the switch to make the alarm think the trunk is closed. The side advantage to this is that you won't have the trunk light coming on randomly draining your battery. The downside is that your trunk light will no longer work.

so i did do that but it hasnt seemed to work and its soo frustrating Sad
i don't know what to do
i heard ford put factory alarm made by code alarm and installed by dealer, there must be bypass switch somewhere around steering wheel column, if you see it, put your key into ignition and hold bypass button.