FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

First off im having this issue with the front passenger side of my car. Only in the morning usually or after its been sitting for a while, when i first start to drive my car is making this weird noise of rubbing. But the wheel is not rubbing at all. I took it to the shop 3 mechanics looked at the car in the air and on the ground no one could find a problem.

With all that being said another mechanic told me he thinks it was the strut (installed svt kit last oct) so i talked with ford and got them to cover a new strut under warranty.

Wed I had the strut changed and bearing but still have this problem. Stabilizer links were fixed bout a year ago which is kinda the same sound im having but i also have this rubbing sound.

So has anybody ever had this issue??? i have 205/40/17 tires (general uhp)
in the morning its especially bad when i turn the sound gets louder. The mech's all said that other areas of the front suspension are tight.

Your feedback is appreciated

02ztsian

My guess is the axle support bearing. I had to replace mine last year. The axle on the passenger side is longer.
A pic of the possible culprit.

[Image: Picture84296.jpg]

Re & re involves complete front suspension dis-assembly-I had the dealer do it as they determined my problem wasn't front bearings as I initially thought.
I recommend having the dealer look at it to be sure-better to be sure than throw parts at it.
Hub Bearings.
Or CV Shaft.
thanks guys your input is appreciated. for these repairs can anyone tell me approx. how much this may cost??