FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wind Noise !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi fellas, i have a 2009 Ford Focus Sedan SE and i notice at 65 miles per hour i get alot of wind noise. It seems to be coming from the windshield but again it could be coming from anywhere. I have 24000 miles only and i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if there is any way if possible to quiet it down.

Thank Guys
I did / do, in my case the replacement windshield was not installed correctly, in fact it was so badly installed that it was put in 1/2" too low and not enough sealant was put at the top of the windshield, and you could hear the wind entering the car, along with rain when driving only, when it was parked it was perfectly fine.

did you buy the car used or new?
(09-07-2010, 12:38 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote: [ -> ]I did / do, in my case the replacement windshield was not installed correctly, in fact it was so badly installed that it was put in 1/2" too low and not enough sealant was put at the top of the windshield, and you could hear the wind entering the car, along with rain when driving only, when it was parked it was perfectly fine.

did you buy the car used or new?

I bought it with 11000 miles on it and i looked at the windshield today and it is the factory windshield and i don`t see anything wrong at least from what i can see. It doesn`t leak rain or anything else like that. I`m guesiing and thats only a guess that it may be the door seals itself. I read where people have inserted 3/8 inch foam tubing in the door seals to stop the wind noise.I might give it a shot.If that don`t work i`m gonna try and remove the wipers and drive on the highway and see if that could be the problem also.