FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Can anyone tell me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If these rims will fit my 02 focus?
Rims

It says in the ad it's 3inches from the center of the stud???

Thanks!
(09-07-2010, 12:59 PM)austin77 Wrote: [ -> ]If these rims will fit my 02 focus?
Rims

It says in the ad it's 3inches from the center of the stud???

Thanks!

If it's 3 inches between the centre of two opposing studs, then the answer is "no" ... Focus bolt pattern is 4 x 108 - the 108 being mm between two opposing studs - also stated as 4 x 4.25".

Having said that ... 3" is a very small distance and I've never heard of a "4x75" bolt pattern - so my guess is they probably didn't measure correctly (so perhaps it will fit).

FWIW ... 4 bolt patterns are measured between two opposing studs, and 5 bolt patterns are measured from the centre of one stud to an imaginary line drawn between the two opposing studs.
Great thanks

02ztsian

Sounds like he means it's 3" between each stud, not diagonally.
That will be a 4x4.25" or 108 mm bolt pattern (think Pythagoras).
(09-08-2010, 11:23 AM)02ztsian Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like he means it's 3" between each stud, not diagonally.
That will be a 4x4.25" or 108 mm bolt pattern (think Pythagoras).

Cheesus that's right - excellent thinking - and given my handle I should have thought of it first LOL.

I had to look it up, so to save everyone else the trouble ... Pythagoreaum's theory is that where we know the length of two sides of a triangle ("a" and "b"), we can figure out the length of the third side ("c")using the following formula ... "a" squared + "b" squared = "c" squared

3 squared = 9 ... so "c" = the square root of 18 (9 + 9) ... the square root of 18 = 4.245 ... rounded up to 4.25.

My apologies austin ... looks like these might in fact be 4x108.
Wow, you guys are the best!! Pat on the back to that problem solving!!

Thanks so much!!

02ztsian

Be sure to keep us up to date-looks like a pretty good price!
I bought them for $220, Two tires need to be replaced, other two 70% tread.
And one is missing the Centre cap...
Hey, where you located Austin? Ottawa?
(09-09-2010, 01:36 PM)reldridge Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, where you located Austin? Ottawa?

No Im just outside of Barrie, but i have a Sister-in-law that lives in Ottawa and she gets me parts from the area, she comes home now and again...
Ok, makes more sense... Smile