FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: heat issues, meet the solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
let me know what you think, i know there was talk about the WRX scoop for the guy with the JRSC sedan, well i need to get rid of heat so ive been looking around, was talking to ken @ the meet about some ideas so heres what i have come up with after a few hours of searching around today.

[Image: 151532.jpg]

tousley ford they are roughly 60$ plus shipping and taxes etc... which is cheaper then a roush scoop, and this is one off a 2010 shelby. would act as a great heat extractor if located in the proper location. i would locate mine back above the turbo to draw out as much hot air as possible.
[Image: functional-hood-scoop.jpg]

I have this in black plastic if you want for free.
See, the thing is, I don't want some ricey looking hood scoop, I want something that has the factory look to it and doesn't take away from the rest of the car. With the extractor I'm looking at buying, it will help draw out unwanted heat without being "heat" and looking stupid. I'm looking mainly for function but at the same time looking low profile and stockish, what better then a ford part? Lol
that 2010 shelby's actually lookd good on f-150.
yes proper location will do good job cooling engine bay.
Well its still free even if you want to mess around with it or someone else wants it. The edges are easily shavable to make it look better too.
(09-09-2010, 08:41 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]let me know what you think, i know there was talk about the WRX scoop for the guy with the JRSC sedan, well i need to get rid of heat so ive been looking around, was talking to ken @ the meet about some ideas so heres what i have come up with after a few hours of searching around today.

[Image: 151532.jpg]

tousley ford they are roughly 60$ plus shipping and taxes etc... which is cheaper then a roush scoop, and this is one off a 2010 shelby. would act as a great heat extractor if located in the proper location. i would locate mine back above the turbo to draw out as much hot air as possible.

Awesome idea Jamie and a great price too ... because this is inset into the hood, there is no choice but to cut the appropriate size hole - do we have enough space in our hood to do that without cutting the supports?
(09-10-2010, 03:46 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome idea Jamie and a great price too ... because this is inset into the hood, there is no choice but to cut the appropriate size hole - do we have enough space in our hood to do that without cutting the supports?

On the exhaust side i'd say yes, but for us "Zetec" guys i don't think there is room on the intake side due to the intake tube

but then again you have the JRSC that moves it, so it could be possible either way for you Big Grin
hm looks good on that f150. but i still like my roush scoop lol.
(09-10-2010, 03:46 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome idea Jamie and a great price too ... because this is inset into the hood, there is no choice but to cut the appropriate size hole - do we have enough space in our hood to do that without cutting the supports?

im going to have to see one in person first, im going to make a trip to ford possibly this weekend and see if they have any in stock or where there is one, that way i can have it in hand and see how big it is and how deep it is. there will more then likely have to be supports trimmed a little, but i doubt all the way through judging by what i have read so far. the f150's didnt have to completely go all the way through from what i saw from the DIY i found on it. the only thing i am concerned about is the length of it, i may have to cut in the middle and trim out a little bit of width as the size from what i read is around 30" and i have yet to measure the usuable area on the hood. worst case scenario it needs jenny craig and trim some fat off.
that looks good on the f150. its deff worth investigating.

you should try hood spacers

for vary little money. at least before you cut your hood and most people wont even notice it.

[Image: 3360349599_0a55659263.jpg]

also i know these vents are probably unobtainable but they'd look full race and bad ass lol

[Image: 5931.jpg]
You could look at various European cars for tasteful hood treatments. Rolleyes

[Image: l_69381689.jpg&t=1]
Definitly looks good on that F-150...somebody should do a photoshop on La Focus
goo hoodless problem solved
If I have time I'll do the photoshop thing. Jamie post of a pic of ur car on that angle.