FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Werd, I'm (almost) officially back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tomorrow I head down to sunny Richmond Hill, to pick up Excalibur.

Excalibur being Focus Is Art's 2000 ZX3.

It's being dollied home on the back of my Escape, where much merry-making and excitement await in the land of Olde North Baye.

Pics to come from the trip down and back.

Do note I will be making many requests for assistance to save my sanity as I embark down the Path of the Zetec Warrior.

It's good to be home. Smile

This will be a fun car for me, I can already tell. Also, once I get it home and take stock of the situation, I'll be looking for people to raid their parts stashes as I keep working on the car.

I promised F.I.A. I'd keep it going and "finish" it. I intend to be true to my word.

And no, Bryan, no Nightshit. You're welcome.
BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!! BOOST!!! BOOST!!!!
^nuff said
True enough, I wouldnt bother with anything else other then good old turbo.
I've already been harassing the FSWerks fan page on FB about deets, but to no avail.

Gordo (SL8R) tells me it's official and done, but I need to dust off my FJ account. I'll do that tomorrow after I get home.

It's a 300K motor, not sure if 11 PSI is the right idea just yet.

However, Gord also tells me that Scarberia Auto Wreckers has decent low-KM Zetecs. Hmm.

First stop is get it back on the road and plated. Second step... we'll see.

Where's my evil smiley?
Welcome back...yeah at 300k boost isn't your first priority. Swap in low KM motor, rebuild existing motor with forged and then go boost.
yeah while you are in TO, go to standard auto wreckers, they have the all you can carry weekend for 40$$$$$!! maybe you can find a focus engine and take it out Smile
Welcome back to the fold Adam. Smile

This could get interesting...
Update - UHaul in North Bay are a bunch of overdue for retirement idiots. Some guy was in at 8AM to rent a trailer. Idiots behind the counter didn't supervise and he left with my DOLLY! GRRR.

"I should have kept an eye on him" - UHaul clerk. YA THINK!?!?!

Supposedly he's staying local and he only needs it for a couple of hours. If they don't have it back by 12, they're renting it to me tomorrow - or death. It's that simple.

I'm staying in contact with F.I.A. via texts and email till I leave.

Not happy!

EDIT - thanks for the comments fellas. Smile Yeah, I'll likely build up a second block with Oscar's Dad's help - he rebuilds engines by trade. For now, NA till I get a better handle on it and can paint a clearer picture.
haha U-Hauljacked!
so if oscars dad builds engines, why isnt he cranking out a new motor?!?!? lol

good luck!
not worth it to rebuild a zetec as they come a dime a dozen.
(09-11-2010, 07:58 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]not worth it to rebuild a zetec as they come a dime a dozen.

It is if it's built to handle boost Wink
While we're waiting for Adam to head back north here I got ya all some pic of his new ride.
[Image: DSCF0052.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0056.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0057.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0060.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0065.jpg]

Sad that I have to let it go but at least it go to a good hand.
(09-11-2010, 11:34 AM)Focus Is Art Wrote: [ -> ]No I am not what ur thinking, in case u wonder. Big Grin

I can't wait to tell him tonight that his ass was posted all over the internet.
hoooollllyy camber!
I wonder if he changed the tune on the Escape to compensate for towing?
Glad to see ya back in action Adam!
So it's home and on the ground, thanks to Oscar coming over @ 10:30PM to spot for me as I eased it off the dolly!

Man is it ever low. Love it Big Grin

Stan, she's gone to a good, Ford-loving home Big Grin

Can't wait to re-plate her and get rolling. I did get to drive it briefly before we loaded it. I'm a lucky bastard.

Stan rocks guys. Let's keep him motivated as he's already confessed to me that he wants another.

And I saw the ass shot last night. Tongue

Also, OEM tune for the tow. The Escape towed like a champ. Burned just over 1/2 tank on the way down and 3/4 on the way back, pushing it to hold 100 KM/H all the way home. It did in 4th with lockup for the straight stretches easy. I was quite impressed.
(09-12-2010, 03:54 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]So it's home and on the ground, thanks to Oscar coming over @ 10:30PM to spot for me as I eased it off the dolly!

Man is it ever low. Love it Big Grin

Stan, she's gone to a good, Ford-loving home Big Grin

Can't wait to re-plate her and get rolling. I did get to drive it briefly before we loaded it. I'm a lucky bastard.

Stan rocks guys. Let's keep him motivated as he's already confessed to me that he wants another.

And I saw the ass shot last night. Tongue

Also, OEM tune for the tow. The Escape towed like a champ. Burned just over 1/2 tank on the way down and 3/4 on the way back, pushing it to hold 100 KM/H all the way home. It did in 4th with lockup for the straight stretches easy. I was quite impressed.

Nice ride Adam ... cheaper than teeth and hella more fun LOL ... it'll be fun watching how she progresses.

Cheers

Ken
Pages: 1 2