FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My car no longer sounds like a Honda!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you know my RT high flow cat cracked and while I was having it re-welded by a welder friend, I had my temporary ORP in its place. It was stinky and ear-piercing loud with my SVT header and 2.5" exhaust. It was also rough and raspy and almost embarassing to drive with anything more than 1/4 throttle application. It also felt slower? I put the fixed cat back in and the stink went away but it was still raspy although not as loud (but still annoying.)

I know that FSwerks has a stealth version of their exhaust and from looking at their pictures it looked like they added this piece to the straight pipe section:

[Image: 12616.jpg]

So I ordered this resonator and had Zoro Muffler in Mississauga weld this into my straight pipe. While they were installing it they notice that the flex section of my flex pipe was also cracked. (I was wondering why their was a whooshing sound at full throttle) Instead of sourcing this non-standard flex pipe they cut out the flex section and welding a new flex section in and voila! ... no more WAAAAAAAH at full throttle but a nice stealth mellow tone and now very smooth reving all the way to the JRSC sweet spot! It also feels like I have more torque as well.
Congratz on being less honda-like lol

I had one added last year.... and now i have an R/T cat and SVT header. Hopefully i won't sound like a Honda either Big Grin
i am happy with full svt exhaust setup with 2.5" mbrp 2nd gen(w resonator)
Vince, when are you going to retire and sell me the JRSC?
(09-14-2010, 12:08 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Vince, when are you going to retire and sell me the JRSC?

I have not hit 150,000 km yet on my 10 year old car... there is still a lot of life in it.Tongue
With the current fix it now drives like it's brand new! (I should have done this years ago)
I call dibs on his JRSC as our cars could be brothers. Tongue

Just kiddin.

Congrats on eradicating the JDM scourge from your exhaust!

I never thought it was THAT bad, althopugh it was definitely loud!