FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: squealing after new pulley installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just installed a lightweight full size pulley and now there is a squealing when i run the car. i've checked and reset the belt several times and it feels as tight as it did before, except now there is a constant loud squeal.

what did i do wrong and how do I fix it?

I also noticed the lightweight pulley feels a lot hotter than any of the others is that just because it's aluminum?

thanks for any help, this is incredibly frustrating
what pulley did it replace? If it was the crank, it could be because of the lack of harmonic balancer?
yes the crank, it's the techstar massive full size pulley and the website says ". Zetec motors are INTERNALLY ZERO balanced, meaning the factory pulley IS NOT a harmonic dampener of any kind."

http://massivespeedsystem.com/_massive_s...52236.aspx
does the squealing go away after you hit the gas, or it is always present?
it's always there, but now it's not as loud when i start the car up, but it gets louder when i hit the gas
i'd just check to make sure the pulley is on straight and square. Check with e level if it is at the same angle as other pulleys. Outside of that i'd say pickup a new belt and see if that helps matters.
I'm sorry, e level?
I'd rather not have to buy a whole new belt, I was already forced to spend way too much on UPS shipping and just picked up an impact wrench to do this.
I'll try taking it off and maybe put the old one back on to see if that's squealing too
A level Tongue

If its not square with the other pulleys it will squeal.
i just did th CFM pullys and had no issues, however they do ask that you file down the timing cover in order for the serp belt to have clearence and not get all cut up. Id check to see that te timing cover is not rubbing the serp belt
it was squealing before i put the cover and the passenger wheel back on
If its not rubbing then it sounds like the tensioner is on the way out and the belt is slipping