FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anybody here can get ahold of NickWRX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think his FB account was hacked, chat window popped up to try to direct me to a phishing site. Please give him a heads up if you can.
FYI, if this is a cam, and I'm 99.5% positive it is, this is how it went:

Quote:Nick
hi Matthew, got a min?

10:29amMe
Sure, what's up?

10:30amNick
I want you to try something real quick

10:30amMe
lol ok

ok Matthew, try this test and see what you get.. i can't get over like a 109, its sad http://Quiz-Genius(d0t)info

10:30amMe
This isn't something ghey it?

lemme know what ya get please, so far everyone beat me, Andrew even scored higher then me LOL!! be carfeful some of the questions are tricky ;-)

10:32amMe
Ok will do it when I get up, on nights just going to bed

Here when you click the link, you answer 5 questions that aren't IQ questions but discerning optical illusions. At the end it tries to get you to enter your phone number to send you the result, in the fine print it tells you by entering the number you are subscribing for a monthy service that charges $2 a text!

10:35amMe
At $2 per text I'm not that stupid. Did I pass?

10:47amNick is offline.

Edit:
Never mind, he knows now.

But beware if you're on his friends list. Idea
lol... this crap pops up all the time. just dont let random ppl add you to MSN, i had like 10 bots add me in a week and my GF kept accepting the add's, the people would ask me to go on cam with them and direct me to all these sites. it was ridiculous, sitting at work and MSN pops up asking if ill go on cam with them.
(09-22-2010, 01:22 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]lol... this crap pops up all the time. just dont let random ppl add you to MSN, i had like 10 bots add me in a week and my GF kept accepting the add's, the people would ask me to go on cam with them and direct me to all these sites. it was ridiculous, sitting at work and MSN pops up asking if ill go on cam with them.
I agree with MSN, but
  1. This wasn't a random MSN add, it was Facebook.
  2. It wasn't a random person.
The important thing is I didn't fall for it; and I'm trying to save other people the hassle.
yeah it was weird, bc i wasnt going to do it but then he said Adam did it, i know adam, so i thought it was him. I think someone actually hacked in his account!
Yup, I actually loaded the phishing site in a linux vm just to test it out.

Nick's been hacked. Don't enter any info, whatever you do.

If he hasn't been directly hacked, that's one hell of a FB exploit.
yeah it's not the first time he's been hacked either, as he's sent me out e-mails and I've told him repeatedly to change his passwords to something more difficult as he's less likely to have it occur again.
Yeah a couple people got a hold of me yestarday. Wierd. As I usually go on my FB through iPhone since at nuke plant it's firewalled.
Password was changed not too long ago either.....Will change it again.
Thanks folks.
Well good you got it sorted out. I have to admit it was a pretty decent attempt.

I was skeptical up until they said Andrew beat your score. That nearly convinced me. ROFL j/k
Letters, numbers and at least one special character. Make it a bitch for them, but remember - most passwords under 10 characters can be bruteforced in minutes with today's tech. Social engineering helps them narrow it down (info from the public section of your profile, personally-identifiable words (i.e. Russian spellings of common passwords, etc) and so on.
I had this exact same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago. They almost got me too, but any fishy link like that I try my best to avoid. I was pretty convinced it was a real conversation though.... craziness.
this bot contacted 40 people of my list....shazzzaaamm
Well you are still hacked.
Today:
Quote:Nick
Hi Mathew

4:50pmMe
Hey remember that time in high school?

That party?

4:52pmMe
How we got so loaded?

4:52pmNick
Yes i remember, could you please do something for me?

4:53pmMe
No asshole spammer, go f**k yourself we never went to high school together. I hope your mom gets f**ked by a pack of wild dogs

4:55pmNick
L O L
It was me this time Matty, no worries lol
Was it? ROFL, that's funny. (Errm sorry I take that back about your mom :lol: )
I was just testing your guard Smile You passed.