FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anybody care that Netflix launched the online service yesterday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Signed up for the online trial, 30 days.
Video selection is old. New releases are non existant.
Disappointing.
Zip.ca is ramping up for their streaming video launch Novemberish. Hopefully they'll have more content.
If it's not HD, I don't want it. Smile
Bah... Bittorrent is still the ultimate source.
Bittorrents are a waste of your monthly GB allotement, especially on the upload/share side.
Usenet is the way....
Bittorrent matched up with Piratebay.org is the best.
Upload side, we can stop that down to a 1KB per sec. So Netflix might be good but its not my slice of pie.

And the other site you mentioned. Whats that about?? Any good? Zip.ca
I found out about Zip.ca from DP. It's the DVD-mail program that is the canadian equivalent to Netflix in the states.
Great service just not for me. I will reactivate to try their streaming service once it's launched.
Thing is unless you have a large (or unlimited) bandwidth cap, too much Netflix and you'll get socked with a nice overage bill Dodgy

NefCanuck
40GB add-on for Bell Fibe is $5.
Good point though, I would be curious to see what the size of an average film is.
I signed up for the free month trial, and I can't believe the number of movies they don't have.

If you're up for a few new releases, and a tonne of straight-to-dvd releases, then this seems to be the service... but all of the movies are barely DVD quality... my bulletproof monk DVD looked better than the netflix version... and it's not a bandwidth issue. And the sound doesn't always synch up properly too.

Neat concept, a little poor on the execution.

They have 28 days to improve, and them I'm cancelling... it's no good if the only movies they have that I want to see are the ones I already own.