FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Run For The Border!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Focuscanada.net members decided to create a once in a life time event by travelling from Mississauga Ontario, to Anaheim California. This trip will be over a course of 2 weeks and will not be forgoten.
Everyone is invited, no matter make or model. This is a family and vacation event too.
Any questions, feel free to post them up.
This is The official event but things may change such as date and time. Feel free to inivite anyone you want too!!

So I did a rought cost of the Trip. Gas, Food and Hotels.
Total $1940.46 Roughly
Check out the Attached Excel File

Map
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0&msid....90918&z=5

[Image: RFTBPIC-1.jpg]
Temp Logo
[Image: RFTBLOGO.jpg]

Day 1

Starting from Dixie Rd/Regional Road 4 N
1 Head northwest on Dixie Rd/Regional Road 4 N toward Aimco Blvd - go 1.6 km
2 Take the ramp onto ON-401 W - go 162 km
3 Slight right at ON-402 W (signs for Sarnia W) - go 102 km
Partial toll road
4 Continue onto Bluewater Bridge W - go 1.0 km
Toll road
Entering United States (Michigan)
5 Continue onto I-94 W - go 99.7 km
Partial toll road
6 Take exit 213B to merge onto I-96 W - go 6.1 km
7 Continue onto Interstate 96 Express W/Jeffries Fwy - go 9.2 km
8 Merge onto I-96 W - go 14.3 km
9 Slight left at M-14 W - go 24.6 km
10 Merge onto US-23 N - go 3.4 km
11 Slight left at M-14 W (signs for Ann Arbor) - go 700 m
12 Continue onto US-23 BUS S - go 1.8 km
13 Continue onto M-14 W - go 5.8 km
14 Merge onto I-94 W - go 349 km
Passing through Indiana
Entering Illinois
15 Continue onto I-80 W - go 80.9 km
Partial toll road
16 Take exit 112 for IL-47 toward Morris Yorkville - go 500 m
17 Turn right at IL-47 N - go 200 m
18 Take the 1st left onto Gore Rd - go 60 m
19 Gore Rd turns slightly right and becomes Hampton St - go 79 m

Arriving at Hampton St
Total: 864 km - about 9 hours 17 mins

Day 2

Starting from Hampton St
1 Head east on Hampton St toward Gore Rd - go 79 m
2 Slight left at Gore Rd - go 45 m
3 Take the 1st right onto IL-47 S - go 140 m
4 Take the ramp onto I-80 W - go 164 km
5 Continue onto I-280 W - go 42.8 km
Entering Iowa
6 Take the exit onto I-80 W/US-6 W - go 695 km
Continue to follow I-80 W
Entering Nebraska
7 Take exit 312 for US-34 S/US-281 S toward Hastings - go 1.0 km
8 Merge onto US-281 S/US-34 W/Tom Osborne Expy - go 600 m
9 Turn right - go 73 m
10 Turn right - go 15 m

Arriving at Unknown road
Total: 903 km - about 9 hours 9 mins

Day 3

Starting from Unknown road
1 Head south - go 15 m
2 Turn left toward US-281 N/US-34 E/Tom Osborne Expy - go 95 m
3 Turn left at US-281 N/US-34 E/Tom Osborne Expy - go 700 m
4 Turn left to merge onto I-80 W - go 336 km
5 Continue onto I-76 W - go 300 km
Entering Colorado
6 Merge onto I-70 W - go 384 km
7 Take exit 31 for Horizon Dr - go 350 m
8 Turn right at Horizon Dr - go 140 m

Arriving at Horizon Dr
Total: 1,021 km - about 9 hours 58 mins (up to 10 hours 2 mins in traffic)

Day 4

Starting from Horizon Dr
1 Head southwest on Horizon Dr - go 140 m
2 Turn right to merge onto I-70 W - go 423 km
Entering Utah
3 Take the exit onto I-15 S toward Las Vegas - go 399 km
Passing through Arizona
Entering Nevada
4 Take exit 37 for Tropicana Ave W toward E Unlv - go 250 m
5 Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Tropicana Ave E and merge onto W Tropicana Ave - go 3.2 km

Arriving at E Tropicana Ave
Total: 826 km - about 7 hours 50 mins

FSWerks

Starting from Palo Verde Rd
1 Head south on Palo Verde Rd toward Sage Ave - go 220 m
2 Take the 1st right onto E Bell Dr - go 130 m
3 Take the 1st left onto Paradise Rd - go 2.2 km
4 Continue onto S Airport Con - go 1.5 km
5 Merge onto I-215 W via the ramp to Las Vegas - go 3.2 km
6 Take exit 12B to merge onto I-15 S toward Los Angeles - go 358 km
Entering California
7 Take exit 106 to merge onto CA-60 W toward Los Angeles - go 27.5 km
8 Slight right at CA-57 S (signs for Santa Ana) - go 17.5 km
9 Take exit 6 for Orangethorpe Ave - go 450 m
10 Merge onto Iowa Pl - go 19 m
11 Turn left at W Orangethorpe Ave - go 350 m
12 Turn right at S Melrose St - go 400 m
13 Take the 1st left onto E La Jolla St - go 1.0 km
14 Turn right - go 160 m

Arriving at Unknown road
Total: 413 km - about 4 hours 16 mins (up to 5 hours 56 mins in traffic)
still in!
Now I had figured that we would get to LasVegas and go our seperate ways as of travelling around. We could do groupe events and what not but I sure some people would like to see things fro them selves.
Let me know what you think?
Wow im really jelous, I wish I had my focus kicking arouns still I would so be in. Have a good one guys enjoy and take tons of pics.
Im soo pumped for this Smile
(09-28-2010, 01:28 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Wow im really jelous, I wish I had my focus kicking arouns still I would so be in. Have a good one guys enjoy and take tons of pics.

Any vehical is allowed to come. My parents and my sister are coming too in the Journey. Also my friend is coming to with his G5.
Sounds like an awesome trip for sure man..
I just can't take that much time off work Sad
(09-29-2010, 07:59 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2010, 01:28 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Wow im really jelous, I wish I had my focus kicking arouns still I would so be in. Have a good one guys enjoy and take tons of pics.

Any vehical is allowed to come. My parents and my sister are coming too in the Journey. Also my friend is coming to with his G5.

Hmmm they have to follow the focuses from the rear though. I don't wanna be stuck behind a journey Confused
(09-29-2010, 11:44 AM)tetra Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like an awesome trip for sure man..

dont you have regular vacation time and vacation pay? i know i have 2 weeks and 4% of what i make a year for vacation pay

also, this is going to be sick. total buzz kill with the parents tho johnny LOL jk

i may have to scare them with shooting some flames and making huge explosion noises passing them on the highway
(09-29-2010, 11:22 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2010, 11:44 AM)tetra Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like an awesome trip for sure man..

dont you have regular vacation time and vacation pay? i know i have 2 weeks and 4% of what i make a year for vacation pay

also, this is going to be sick. total buzz kill with the parents tho johnny LOL jk

i may have to scare them with shooting some flames and making huge explosion noises passing them on the highway

LOL ur crazy man.
Na, my pops always wanted to see the Grand Canyon so this is his perfect chance too. They also want to go all threw Cali too. So they aren't much of a problem. He has a lead foot and usually cruises at a min of 140KM. So we should be good lol.

As for the trip. This is looking pretty good. What does everyone thing of the hotel choices and route we are gonna take???????
(09-29-2010, 11:22 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]

I do have vacation time, but I need it for other things like around Christmas and stuff because I always have a bunch of family come down that I don't see often.. If I had 2 weeks worth of sick days I might have been able to make something work.. lol
ahhh ic...

lucky for me at christmas i have plenty of time off, being a small business, i get off christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and if those fall during the week i usually end up having a 2 day work week, then i get off new years eve and new years and depending when they fall, that gives me even more time off. fricken awesome
I own my place of work so, I can leave when ever I feel like it. lol
$1940.46? Does that include the trip back?
That's enough for at LEAST 3 weeks in the Dominican...
Does sound like fun though.
2 grand would get you a month in Cuba, 4 Stars.
That includes everything except what you plan on doing during your 6 days of fun.

Yes $2000 can get you a trip to Cuba but you get to really travel the country side. And this is the point of the Cruise.

Believe me I have thought of that. I'd love to be sitting at a beach in a chair listening to some Carribian music just relaxing. But I love to drive.
It's a once in a life time experience.
Just to add...
I was in Las Vegas in July. Probably the worst time to go weather wize, but it was raining everywhere else (Cuba, Mexico ect.).
Girlfriend and I booked it through itravel2000 and found a deal for 6 days (which is a bit much to stay in Vegas, 3-4 days is more then enough). We stayed at Tressure Island hotel (it has Pirate show with sinking ship every night).

I rented Ninja 650RR so I got a better look of what Vegas really is. Well outside of the strip there's nothing lol, so we cruised around the strip a lot. Couldn't ride to the damp as it was way too hot to ride out there (+45C). Matter of fact I couldn't go faster then 100km/h mark on that bike as it was like a sauna in your face and whole body.

Go visit:

Gun range (not the one they advertise but the one that's 10min walk from Tressure Island, ask around).
I know there are some army people on here and they don't care about this stuff but for a regular person to walk in, sign here and sign there and get to shoot any automatic weapon is pretty bad ass in my book. Got to shoot MP5, M16 and Russian machine gun RPD. It was awesome! I left $200 there in 35 min if not less so don't get carried away.

Automic Museum - It's outside of the strip but an interesting place to visit (at least for me it is cause im in nuclear industry)

Fantasy Show- if you like hot chicks who dance/sing ok and show their nice looking tits.

Indoor skydiving- I know they have one in Niagara Falls but if you tell this place you saw their add on TV they will include a free DVD of you flying ($25 worth) for free. I had fun flying around .....next thing is to jump from real airplane

Wax Museum- Just a cool place with the celebs

Cirque Du Soleil- if you're in Vegas you MUST go see one of their 4 shows out there. "O" is a popular water one but I went to see "Mystique" the one that started it all (over all my 3rd show to see of them.)

Titanic Exhibit- It was amazing to see real clothes, dishes and 26'x12' real part of Titanic. Breath taking to be honest. Takes about 1 1/4 hour to walk the whole thing.

And ofcourse you must go to a couple night clubs there as Vegas takes their club life to a completly different level.
"Pure", "XS", "LAX"....all are great places to party at......aghhh now I wanna go back.
Thanx Nik,
Ya there is so much to do in Las Vegas and even if you travel a lil bit into Cali too.

Pure is one of the clubs I want to get into.
"O" is one of the shows I want to see. That would be the 3rd for me if I am able to see it.
Fantasy Show... ya definitely a guys night out lol
The rest sound great too.

If anyone has others, post em up!!
New Year is upon us guys and gals.
So thats means if you are interested in going on this once in a life time event.

Start saving...

You have roughly 8 months. No exact date specified yet.
I gotta be honest, FOTB last year didn't seem all that big, compared to something like focus rising...
Pages: 1 2