FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: broke a wheel lug stud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i got a nail puncture and took the tire off to patch it..then i broke 1 of the lugs when i was putting the tire back on. I went to ford and they told me $9 for the stud and $90 for the install... I had to gracefully decline and told him i would do it my self. so now i'm waiting for the rain to stop so i can change it out.

just hope 3 lugs would hold out till the rain stops
Yeah it's a compression-fit stud if memory serves. My buddy broke one when changing my rotors. FYI - they're like 3-5 bucks from most major auto parts stores.

They're not too hard to change, just make sure you have it stable when getting rid of the old one.
(09-28-2010, 10:05 PM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's a compression-fit stud if memory serves. My buddy broke one when changing my rotors. FYI - they're like 3-5 bucks from most major auto parts stores.

They're not too hard to change, just make sure you have it stable when getting rid of the old one.

Personally I would pay the 9 bucks to the dealer - for the sake of $4 I wouldn't want to worry about the quality of the stud.

I bought my first vehicle in 1970 (a 1963 Mercury panel van) and I've owned more than 30 vehicles since then ... and against all odds I never once had to replace a wheel stud - I'm sure there are some tricks of the trade to make it easier, I just don't know what they are.
Easy to change. Knock it out and knock it in.
(09-30-2010, 02:47 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]Easy to change. Knock it out and knock it in.

i agree...