FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Where to buy? IPod Charge Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after reading numerous iPod/iTouch forums it would seem that I need to get an iPod Charge Converter. Apple in their infinite wisdom changed the charge port on all iTouches after the 1st Gen was replaced.

I have been to Best Buy and they don't carry it anymore. If they did at all as the guy I talked to seemed a little confused. I guess I could try Pacific Mall or something like that. But I really hate that place. Anyone have some ideas on where I can get one?
I assume that you tried all the usual on line suspects? IE: Amazon, Tiger Direct etc.?

Places like Tiger Direct are especially helpful for slightly older hardware requirements.

NefCanuck
I am not an online shopper. I may try the electronics shops on Kennedy Rd tonight, if I get the time.
Focus man, give wallymart a try: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Griffin-Charge...B/10910361
theres no price listed on their web site, but after looking around online, its about 20 bucks cdn on various web sites, so it should be similarily priced at walmart.

On another note, if walmart is out of stock, why not just change your charger to the usb charger as a last resort? it should also cost about the same for the usb charger, around 20 bucks, it would also be plug and play.
Wow back from the dead, and Dan's post was spammed. I picked one up from The Source and it never worked like they said it would. Actul
ally never worked at all.
you know there's a tiger direct on woodbine near hwy 7, in markham? no need for pacific mall, or online shopping.
This so called charge converter was supposed to allow me to retain the iPod connectivity thru my Pioneer deck. My first touch charged while connected but my 2nd and my iPhone wont. Not sure what Apple changed but my newer units won't charge while connected.
Have you gone to an actual audio store? They might be able to help more than the big box stores, just as long as they are Pioneer dealers or have decks that were/are similar.
Could be the firmware in the deck...too old?
This happened for the Alpine head units too. I picked up the converter module from East Hamilton Radio on sunday when I was in getting the rest of the stuff that was needed so that I can install my old Alpine deck in her car.
Apple went and changed the charging from a 12 volt charge to a 5 volt charge on the newer units. So it's basically just a drop down converter from 12v to 5v you need. I know Alpine makes one, or made one. They might be harder to find as most aftermarket company's have changed their decks to usb audio/control/charging in the last few years.
That's funny because I still use my original 20gb iPod Photo charger as a spare and that still works just fine.