FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: pulled over for no reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was driving up cawthra rd. doing 50k in fourth gear an a cop was following behind me around 8pm tonight. I had my rear fog light on but never had a problem driving around with it on at night before. Just as I passed dundas he threw the cherrys on an I pulled over. About 15 seconds later he drives up beside me an says "you're lucky I got a call, fix that pipe" and he drove off.

So what the hell was the point of this?? I have no record with the law, never street race, and I'm known as the sunday driver with my friends cause I never push my car hard, regardless of the fact that my car is turbocharged an has a 2.5 inch fsw exhaust. I guess it's against the law to be a car enthusiast, an drive around in a lowered hatch with performance mods, but it's cool that these chopper bikes ride around with exhausts that can rattle your brain an wake the dead right??
I hope you noticed that when you buy your aftermarket parts pretty much all of them say: "For off road use only". In the real world he can slap you with a ticket just like any of us with catbacks.

Plus it's end of the month....."But what does that mean?"......It means quota time!
I've noticed they've been really bad latley. I saw 6 people pulled over on my way to work in the morning :S
Yeah man... it depends on the cop. I've rolled the new FoFo through the "resonant" range a couple of times by mistake next to a cop, and never had them blink. Then, the other day, I was coasting to a stop and got eyeballed so bad I'm surprised I didn't get a migraine.

He was probably having a bad day / bad week / wife's sleeping with a fireman.

Oddly enough, you might be right about the euro rear clip and fog light - moths to a flame that they don't recognize, eh?
Another reason I'm glad I have a sedan... Cops don't look at me, and I spend most of my day in the "resonant range" above 3k rpm. Big Grin
(09-30-2010, 01:38 PM)Ignited83 Wrote: [ -> ]I was driving up cawthra rd. doing 50k in fourth gear an a cop was following behind me around 8pm tonight. I had my rear fog light on but never had a problem driving around with it on at night before. Just as I passed dundas he threw the cherrys on an I pulled over. About 15 seconds later he drives up beside me an says "you're lucky I got a call, fix that pipe" and he drove off.

So what the hell was the point of this?? I have no record with the law, never street race, and I'm known as the sunday driver with my friends cause I never push my car hard, regardless of the fact that my car is turbocharged an has a 2.5 inch fsw exhaust. I guess it's against the law to be a car enthusiast, an drive around in a lowered hatch with performance mods, but it's cool that these chopper bikes ride around with exhausts that can rattle your brain an wake the dead right??

Welcome to my world lol
I really hate being told my car or exhaust is "Broken!" and "To get it fixed!"

So thats why I love down shifting and letting the engine rumble as I pass the Brand new Peel Police building in Brampton lol.
I see you looking threw the windows!!!!

But the OPP never have a problem with me at all. Or just the ones I run into.
Had an OPP follow me on Haily Rd North of Brampton to Bolton and he pulled up next to me at a light. I gave the nod, he then rolled down the window. Asked what it was. Then said looks goods and sounds good keep up the work.
And this was an older guy and his partner too.
I guess it depends on the cop.
(09-30-2010, 09:28 PM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah man... it depends on the cop. I've rolled the new FoFo through the "resonant" range a couple of times by mistake next to a cop, and never had them blink. Then, the other day, I was coasting to a stop and got eyeballed so bad I'm surprised I didn't get a migraine.

He was probably having a bad day / bad week / wife's sleeping with a fireman.

Oddly enough, you might be right about the euro rear clip and fog light - moths to a flame that they don't recognize, eh?

you'd be right about the rear fog light, you can get ticketed for it being on when your not in bad weather as it's can "distract" or "dazel" other drivers in clear weather or with-in city limits in clear conditions. I was pulled over for having mine on, in fog one night in brampton a while ago, the female cop asked why I had it on, and I said so you could see me, and she said it was a good idea, but she then informed me about the how she could write me the ticket if she saw it on in clear weather.
Hot hatches = easy ticket magnets to some cops Confused

Tarted up sedans = nothing to see, move along to most cops Big Grin

NefCanuck
hot hatches?

i haven't been messed with by cops at all, lucky me. THen again, street racers dont even want a piece of me lol
Never been pulled over in the Focus. That I can remember anyways.
i also never been pulled over in ontario.
I've driven in front, beside, n behind cops with the light on/off many times an I've never been bothered. I only use the light when it's dark or in bad weather. An keep in mind I've been driving like this for close to two years with the turbo/exhaust n over a year with the rear fog light. It's basically an "all star" cop trying to meet quota an my fog light caught his eye and he figures hey all these hondas are going around with these lights on now, so lets follow him an see if I can nab him for something, oh look he has an exhaust *cherrys on*

can a cop take your car from you cause you have an exhaust? even if you haven't done anything illegal? or can all they do is fine you an tell you to fix it?
With the street racing law, they basically can do whatever they want...
I got pulled over at the end of the 427 north in WOP-bridge for my STOCK SVT sub shaking a peel region cruisers mirrors......i told him it was OEM and i even popped the trunk for him to look,which he insisted on slamming shut cuz he felt the a fcuk nut for pulling me over. He even asked me if it was the SVT version of the focus......yes, thats what the rear badge says, im not a honda driver who puts GSR on his lid sorry
Hey GSR is still faster ;-) Just saying lol
(10-01-2010, 04:24 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Hey GSR is still faster ;-) Just saying lol

Ooooo yea, all 128 ft-lbs of torque @ 6500 RPM......hahahahahaha, ill take an engine with more usable torque in a heavier car thanks lol
(10-01-2010, 12:40 PM)sonic_mikey Wrote: [ -> ]I got pulled over at the end of the 427 north in WOP-bridge for my STOCK SVT sub shaking a peel region cruisers mirrors......i told him it was OEM and i even popped the trunk for him to look,which he insisted on slamming shut cuz he felt the a fcuk nut for pulling me over. He even asked me if it was the SVT version of the focus......yes, thats what the rear badge says, im not a honda driver who puts GSR on his lid sorry
Knowing my friend, who's a cop, he'd pull over an SVT or something else that caught his eye, just to take a look. Of course he's not looking at giving a ticket, but I'm sure some punks do talk themselves into one instead of saying, sorry officer, I'll turn the volume down. He'd probably only deal with a loud exhaust if someone was being rude in a residential area.
(10-02-2010, 10:08 AM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]Knowing my friend, who's a cop, he'd pull over an SVT or something else that caught his eye, just to take a look. Of course he's not looking at giving a ticket, but I'm sure some punks do talk themselves into one instead of saying, sorry officer, I'll turn the volume down. He'd probably only deal with a loud exhaust if someone was being rude in a residential area.

the funny thing is to, i turned the radio down before i ended up beside him, and when he pulled me over he gave me the old 'how many tickets on your recored' quiz......which i passed with flying colours lol