FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Alignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey fellas. It was time to put on my all season tires back and what i have noticed is that when the steering wheel is centered then the car pulls to the right. For it to go straight i have to keep on a very small angle to left. I figure it is alignment, correct ? Tires are all inflated to the correct pressure.

If so where should i go ?? I hear alot of bad things about local garages when it comes to alignment and i was thinking stealership. Anyone knows the prices ??? If not dealership then what would be good place to do it? I appreciate if you recommend a shop where you had good experience with alignment yourself.

The problem with dealership is that if i go for an alignment and they will tell me that i need to change tie rods (often the case when doing an alignment) then do i have to pay diagnostic charge if i decide to go somewhere else to do the work ??

Thanks.
I'm needing to take my GF Protege to get one done too. I'm just going to go to see my Uncle at his work to get it done.(Midas on HWY 7 Woodbridge) I'd say go to a place that would cover there own mistakes if something ever went wrong like it not being done properly or they forgot to tighten a bolt.
Prices I think are around $80 Plus tax. But if they start telling you that you need this well then you take a good look at it and if it does then do it or just tell them NO, just do what your told, no extra crap.
Out of your way, but I have a place in Hamilton I've gone to for years. Never had a problem and they'll either use "factory specs" or you can tell them what you want. Last time I had my scirocco in they even replaced my camber bolts at no extra charge.

Let me know if you want their info.

-George
Thanks George, but too far IMO. Evans Ford wants $85 + tax so that is a decent price.
I ended up taking somebody's advice and went to Malik in Markham. I payed $60 for front and back alignment and i am very happy. Alignment is simple to do if you think about it but most of the places either don't have good equipment or it's too expensive. His equipment was brand new. I remember it was called Hofman, but can't remember the model. He pays a lot of attention when doing it and gives you a printout report when he is done of the specs and to what he adjusted to.

If anybody is interested here is his contact info.

K.S.L. Automotive Service (Auto Service)
7 Heritage Rd., Markham ON L3P 1M3
Tel: (905) 471-7811 Fax: (905) 471-7813
Actually the car is supposed to pull slightly to the right... I'd rather have my cars pulled out of a muddy field stuck deep then to find out that it went into oncoming traffic and somone was killed...

all my cars go to Meadowvale Ford, its $74.99 and I always get them back with a ever so slight pull it wont go right away but a few hundred feet it will eventually pull it...

I need to take my new car to get the front end repaired and aligned (warranty) my wheel is off center but tracks straight and I have a few odd squeeks and light clunks(Got the car like that)
Well, when you are in the centre lane or the left one, pulling to any side is not an option I believe.
Midas on HWY 7 in woodbridge (HWY27/HWY7) was $69.99 + tax but I only paid $72. And it's laser test too.
malim,Mar 27 2009, 08:16 AM Wrote:Well, when you are in the centre lane or the left one, pulling to any side is not an option I believe.
[right][snapback]283589[/snapback][/right]

LOL like I said its a slight pull

every one of my cars does it they always have... the only time I find it ever pulls to the left is with a sticky caliper or a low tire