FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: No Fan on Four
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The AC/Heater fan just stopped working on the '4' (highest) setting. The other speeds (1,2,3) work like car was new. I stopped at the scrapyard and bought the radio plate (with heater switch) but haven't tried swapping them yet. If the switch isn't the problem, any suggestions?
IIRC that's the resistor on the fan switch that's pooched.

NefCanuck
yeah it's the resistor, they are a pain to replace, but they cost under $20 to get them
I bought the entire center radio bezel with the switches for a couple of dollars.
My neighobur across the road bought a sandy beige-coloured 2000 ZTS and he has the exact same issue.

Moon - you bought the whole thing from where, the wreckers?
the resistor you want to change is on the blower motor behind the glove box

the radio bezel has nothing to do with it AFAIK, but it's good if you want to paint/fiberglass project
(10-06-2010, 02:52 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]My neighobur across the road bought a sandy beige-coloured 2000 ZTS and he has the exact same issue.

Moon - you bought the whole thing from where, the wreckers?
Actually I bought a console (with armrest that my car didn't have) and the dash part with the switches etc. for $8. Yeah I went to my favorite wreckers. Gotta pull the parts yourself. Was also going to grab four door windows that are already professionally tinted for $20, but man what a pain. No using common screws and bolts, gotta be all Torx and stuff. Ugh.
Yeah, I'll lend him my torx driver socket set if he needs it.

Yeah, Torx was a pain in my ass for the coilpack swap earlier this week. I'm buying a second set shortly.