FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: HID 9007-BiXenon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im ordering a HID kit, but am not sure what kind of kit I'll need. To my understanding the 07 focus has the Hi Lo in one housing/bulb...rite? So would that mean i need the Bi-Xenon or...? and whats the 9007-2 bulb?...would that be compatible? Huh
(10-06-2010, 02:59 AM)arpaul15 Wrote: [ -> ]Im ordering a HID kit, but am not sure what kind of kit I'll need. To my understanding the 07 focus has the Hi Lo in one housing/bulb...rite? So would that mean i need the Bi-Xenon or...? and whats the 9007-2 bulb?...would that be compatible? Huh

i know the 2000-2004 focus have 1 bulb for hi and low.

when i ordered my HIDs there they were 9003/H4 when i selected that there was a hi/lo option

they were both called just 9003/H4 but one was clearly marked as having a hi/lo function.

hopfully this helps
Thanks for the info...but still need some clarification. So today i went out and bought the 9007 BiXenon. Which has one bulb with an actuator that moves it in/out when the hi/low is engaged. But when i did try flashing/using the high, it did nothing. The kit didn't seem faulty. Dont know what was wrong. There was another option of a xenon lo, with a halogen hi. Would that be a decent option? I would like to have the bixenons tho. Maybe some extra wiring should be done more than just the plug n play...?
I just pulled out my Bi-Xenon HID's. You hooked up the relay for the hi-low option? I had a seperate externally mounted relay box which actuated the hi-low servos. I think it had a dedicated ground for the relay box. Double check the grounds and all other connections.
(10-07-2010, 02:46 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]I just pulled out my Bi-Xenon HID's. You hooked up the relay for the hi-low option? I had a seperate externally mounted relay box which actuated the hi-low servos. I think it had a dedicated ground for the relay box. Double check the grounds and all other connections.

Yup hooked up the seperate relay for the hi/lo option. It does have a dedicated ground and +ve to it. Connections seemed fine, will recheck. But till now no luck yet...
dont get the halogen hi's, they are useless. its just there to show the police that u have high beams and thats all.

just follow all instructions, you may of missed something small. ive never done the bi xenon's as i have h3 low and h1 hi now, but should be something small that wasnt connected etc..
Checked the connections, all seem fine. There was a thread where someone had a similar problem
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...ht=hid+kit
The hids work/stuck in the hi beam position. When I plug in a stock halo into the other bulb socket(the hid kit was only connected to one side of the headlight), the hid moves to the low beam when i pull the hi beam lever:S...tried interchanging the wires in the harness...but it still dint switch the beams. and if i take the halo from the other side out, the hids work/stuck in the hi beam position only- pulling the hi beam lever has no effect on the beam. really dunno what to do....
Disconnect the halos. LOL
(10-07-2010, 06:01 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Disconnect the halos. LOL

They are disconnected lol. I just plugged them in to see what difference they made, and they did. They made the beams change when I flicked the lever. But that was while I was just testing them. They're not plugged in tho permanently lol
Solved! I had to interchange the hid harness ground and lo cuz the harness supplied was meant to be used for 9004 lamps and needed a lil wire switching for the 9007. Got a good price on these bixenon hids with one year warranty from a whole seller in markham for $130. Quality is pretty much exact like my buddys who spent $300. Plus being physical seller, returns exchanges are easy.
Glad you got it all sorted out. I just removed my HID's today. They were causing me a lot of problems lately. Replaced them with 80w Hella Yellows.
Even put on a relay to enable DRL. So the DRL voltage doesnt matter going to the HID, cuz they only send a signal for the low beams of the hid to come on when DRLs are suposed to be on.
I wanted something like the Hella yellows for my fogs. Do you have pics of the Hellas? I want to see the color, and the color they put out.