FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Knocking/Pulsing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

So I was driving home last night and heard a knocking sound coming from my drivers side front whenever I was braking as well as some pulsing throught the brake pedal. This is the first I've heard/felt it. Got in my car to go to work this morning and still heard/felt it. So I tried to see if it only happened when hard braking. To my surprise, it's mostly doing it when I brake soft and from around 60kmh down to a stop... But I hopped in the highway today and it feels like my tires are out of balance.. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? Warped rotor maybe?

Thanks,
Sounds like it could be a loose pad.
When I replaced my pads with the Hawks I found both front Raybestos NASCAR pads that were a year old had separated from the backing plate. Both sides.
(10-06-2010, 09:38 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]When I replaced my pads with the Hawks I found both front Raybestos NASCAR pads that were a year old had separated from the backing plate. Both sides.

Those are the pads i've always used, and have had numerous sets installed... miraculously the car always got quieter after the pads were replaced, although I was never told by the shop that they had separated. Maybe it's time I switched to a better brake pad... lol
Could be a warped rotor, or more likely it's brake pad residue build-up. What pads and rotors are you running? Definitely could be a pad that has come apart though. I've had it happen with both Ford and CDN Tire Monroe brand pads. Some how the rivet let go...

-Ryan
I can't remember what I replaced my rotors with. It was about 2 years ago. But they are dimpled (which I regret doing... they're super loud and I don't find there is much of a performance increase.) As for pads I have EBC Green Stuff.

On my way home from work last night I didn't notice it as much as in the morning. I'm heading out today again for a bit so I'll see if it's still happening.