FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Mustang Muffler Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone on this site has a mustang or knows where to buy parts for them.

Friend is looking for Roush SS muffler for 09 Mustang GT part number is Roush Performance 403936.

Does Ken still get discount prices?
I have connections with both Ford Racing and Roush parts at work. I will check it out tomorrow for you.
Are they looking specifically for the Roush system, or are they open to others? MBRP makes some sweet Mustang exhausts... Also, if its a standard GT, you can bolt on the GT-500 Shelby exhaust, and gain some noise and a little power.
403936 is an Off Road use kit. Are you sure that is what you are looking for?
(10-07-2010, 11:12 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]403936 is an Off Road use kit. Are you sure that is what you are looking for?

Thanks, i've asked him about the offroad stuff. I'll get back to you guys.
(10-07-2010, 12:04 PM)reldridge Wrote: [ -> ]Are they looking specifically for the Roush system, or are they open to others? MBRP makes some sweet Mustang exhausts... Also, if its a standard GT, you can bolt on the GT-500 Shelby exhaust, and gain some noise and a little power.

Thanks, i'm going to drive the car for him next week and i'll mention all other "legal" alternatives. I dont think he wants OFFraod stuff, so maybe he will choose a different system.
ya most aftermarket systems are classed as "off road" because they dont have a carb exemption or are not internally baffled
Not correct Jamie. Off Road means Off Road. For example race pipes, etc. Magnaflow, MBRP, Dynomax all have road legal systems and "Off Road" systems.
(10-07-2010, 11:12 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]403936 is an Off Road use kit. Are you sure that is what you are looking for?

He is ok with that, can you get me a price please.

Can you provide retail price and your special price as well please Smile
(10-08-2010, 07:07 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Not correct Jamie. Off Road means Off Road. For example race pipes, etc. Magnaflow, MBRP, Dynomax all have road legal systems and "Off Road" systems.

what i had meant was companies put "for off road use only" on their exhausts and headers etc... because in theory they may not be street legal depending where the customer is located. the only time a mustang will be "off road" is at the track.
LOL I didn't expect to see a Mustang up to its door handles in mud. Although it would make for a good laugh. "But the manufacturer said this was for off road use only" LOL
didnt you hear of a ford dealer who left a mustang with no ebrake or in gear in front of a pond? well the owner wasnt to happy to say the least, door handle deep in mucky water LOL
I remember that. So funny.
Any prices yet?
(10-09-2010, 12:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]didnt you hear of a ford dealer who left a mustang with no ebrake or in gear in front of a pond? well the owner wasnt to happy to say the least, door handle deep in mucky water LOL

It was a Mustang whose owner cheaped out and improperly installed a remote starter himself on his manual tranny and then took it to the dealer to get some works done.

The tech came out to unlock the car, it started up, fired across the parking lot and into a pond for a swim.
ok lets get back on Topic!!!

Anyone can get me Roush parts???
Why are you asking for Mustang muffler help on a Focus board? There are lots of other mustang boards out there who can help
(10-29-2010, 08:32 PM)ondafritz Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you asking for Mustang muffler help on a Focus board? There are lots of other mustang boards out there who can help

Well, considering there are many knowledgable people around here in all things Ford and performance minded, it doesn't hurt to ask... I for one have 3 Mustangs in my garage as well. Dodgy

Also, this is the 'Off Topic' part of the forum. This is off topic. Deal with it. Rolleyes

What was the point of your post again?