FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A personal note - thanks for your indulgence.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As a couple of you know, my mom passed away a couple of weeks ago at the age of 89 after a relatively short battle with cancer.

By today's standards she had a pretty tough life - born just before the great market crash to an alcoholic father and sickly mom ... living her teen years through the great depression she raised her two younger brothers ... and just as she met the man of her dreams and married him, she had to see him off to war overseas for almost 5 years ... upon his return she started having kids ... and kept having them for twenty years LOL - 8 in total (one died in childhood) all raised in a loving home on a single government income.

My mom was the glue and the strength that kept our family together and created an environment where each and every one of her children wanted for nothing and were raised in a supportive environment that allowed us all to achieve to our fullest potential, no matter how creative or off the beaten path our endeavours were.

Throughout all of this my mom lived her life with grace and dignity and humour and warm compassion (and coupons LOL)... and she maintained to her last day that she was the luckiest woman alive and wouldn't change one moment of it.

Edna Webster passed two days after the entire family spent the weekend with her at my sister's place in Huntsville ... in the same way she lived her life - with grace and dignity.

Throughout all my many "adventures" in my life my mom never stopped loving me and supporting me and she never judged ... and when my own kids were born she loved them as she did all of her own - the hardest part for me throughout all of this was telling Vanessa and Owen that grandma was gone.

All the best to my friends on FC.net ... thanks for letting me share this with you.

[Image: MomPortraitin20scopy.jpg]
R.I.P.
Ken, It sounds like you were very fortunate to have a loving and caring mother such as your own. Thank you for sharing your memory of her this with us, and I offer my heartfelt condolences for your loss.

My thoughts and best wishes during these tough times,
steve
Ken,

The loss of a loved one is never easy. It takes a fair bit of courage to come and share your pain with all of us, but also to look past that and share your own fond rememberance.

May the coming days bring not sadness but joy in the memory of a person who could hold no bigger place in your heart.

We may deny it to some extent, but we're "Momma's boys". All of us.

Thinking of you and your family and offering my condolences, Ken.

Adam
Sorry for your loss KEN.
Thanks for sharing Ken.
Had to wipe my eyes. Brings back a lot of the feelings I have for my late mother.

A mothers love is like no other.
Sorry for your loss Ken, my best regards to you and your family. Stay strong!
Ken...
I feel your pain, though my mother is still around I know what it is like to loose a loved one so close to you. (My Grandfather)
I hope you the best and it shows how well she raised you by your great skills in business and friendships along with raising your own family.

Have a great day buddy!
your mother looks to of had a great life with lots of love and family. im sorry for your loss ken and losing somebody so close. my condolences to the rest of the family. hope things look up for ya
Ken,

My condolences on your loss, it's never easy to lose a loved one and a parent especially.

Remember the good times with her and cherish those memories.

Edna Webster - Requiem En Pax
im sorry men r.i.p
My condolences to you and your family.
Very sorry for your loss Ken.
You have my condolences, Ken.
(10-07-2010, 04:47 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]Ken, It sounds like you were very fortunate to have a loving and caring mother such as your own. Thank you for sharing your memory of her this with us, and I offer my heartfelt condolences for your loss.

My thoughts and best wishes during these tough times,
steve

I chose to wait, as I'm not very good with these types of things. I think right up above here says it best from me as well. I couldn'tve worded it better.
I think you can judge a great person when their contributions to this world continue long after they have. Thank you for sharing a brief glimpse into a great life and a even better legacy. Sorry for your loss, it can be hard to lose someone that we can all aspire to be more like.
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Ken. She sounds like she was one heck of a woman...
Thank you all for your kindness and gentle words - it was a difficult decision for me to be so public about this, but I remember when Daniel lost his dad just how genuine the folks on here were in expressing their support. I felt at that time how lucky I was to be part of such a great community, and I feel that way now.

Frankly I know that everyone on here has suffered such a loss, or will one day, and that in the overall scheme of things I am exceptionally blessed for what I have in life, including a long and joyful relationship with a loving mom ... I know that for many reasons not everyone has that.

Throughout my family the sadness of her passing is slowly morphing into a happy rememberance of all the good times ... and this weekend's memorial will be more of a celebration than mourning.

Thanks again for letting me share this with you ... all the best and cheers.

Ken.
It's good to have genuine people on here like yourself as well Ken.
Thoughts go out to you and your family, best of luck in the future.
RIPAngel
Pages: 1 2