FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My old kit for sale, buyer beware...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My old kit is for sale on KIJIJI, for anybody here with a zetec looking to make boost I know the previous owner had issues with it and I don't think he's being fully honest in the add.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles...Z235716311

Plus I see a bunch of parts missing, the one way valve for the pcv, the bracket to relocate the belt, the reworked pass motor mount bracket, the required vf pass motormount, the custom alum hex bolts to hold the s/c, the tuner, the custom hoses to relocate the tanks, the brackets to hold them, the front mount heat exchanger.

Not saying anything negative about the guy selling it, I just want people on this site to be aware of these things prior to droping 1g into a kit that requires 2000+ more to complete. If you get the above mentioned items with the kit it should be fine, I suspect the injectors need replacing/cleaning as the car was running pig rich like an injector hung open last I saw the car.

I don't mean to be a douche here just trying to protect the fc.net members.
*tears in my eyes*
Go ahead be a douche Kev. I think what your pointing out would benefit all the members on this site.

But if you need lessons on being a Douche, I know a guy......
Mud slinging if a FS(kind of) thread. Whodathunkit?
You're providing a priceless service for free -a heads-up for the guys here.

It was removed from the car instead of leaving it on and correcting whatever was wrong. That's step #1 in the wrong direction for this punk.

He doesn't deserve the car at all.

No douchebaggery here, just you being a stand-up guy - far beyond this yahoo selling the partly-complete kit.
I know the guy selling the kit personally. He actually lives right around the corner from me and happens to be my age as well. The car has been giving him big issues, it hasn't been running right, and he happened to be tired of "trying" to figure this out. When he got the car it never came with a tuner, nor a front mount heat exchanger.

As for the remainder of the parts, they are left on his car mainly because "he doesn't know" or understand what is part of this kit or whats not. I can help him include these items in the kit. I dont blame the guy either, hes driving from Burlington to Summit Ford everyday and this car has left him stranded SEVERAL times on the side of the 403/407/401. I've even gone to pick him up myself! So I dont blame him for swapping out the S/C and running a more reliable N/A tune that his Ford store set him up with. The car runs great btw!

So before you start flaming and bashing this guy, take a step back and understand where hes coming from. He's not as mechanically inclinded as you or I Kev and he doesn't understand what this kit involves. As I said I will help him with this. The point is, he tried correcting this supercharger problem, but he cant afford to keep dumping hundreds of dollars weekly to figure it out. No cash - No go its as simple as that. If this car gave me the problems it has been giving him I woulda burned the whole thing to the ground by now out of frustration. On the bright side of things, the price has dropped to $850. I cant buy this cause I got no cash so somebody please lol!
But to be clear i'm not bashing the guy, he is a decent guy.

The truth is I didn't want to see this kit come back on these boards with someone crying about how to install it, when its going to take more to get it running. If someone makes an informed decision they are more than likely going to end up happy. If they bougth the kit not knowing any of the above they may be an angry person, again they may not know much about the kit. Again Dans an alright guy, i'd really like it if you guys went and cleaned up your bashing of him in here.

I think Dans problems were really he had ford techs do work, who quite frankly know jack #$#$ about anything other than a stock engine. I saw them tap +12v ignition source right off his coil...thats great electrical noise from a pump..that'll do WONDERS! I don't think there was really much problem with the kit to be honest. Also I think the previous guy and dan had no clue about maintenance on a moddified car, I am quite sure nobody ever cleaned the PCV on the car, or the one way valve, or the s/c oil filter, the maf OR the injectors. Or even bothered changing the fuel filter, or even changed the copper plugs that had 5k on them when I sold the car.... ALL of these things are pretty much a quarterly thing when running a boosted focus.

(10-14-2010, 11:46 PM)Burnin21 Wrote: [ -> ]When he got the car it never came with a tuner, nor a front mount heat exchanger.

Man you loose street cred for that one Tongue FYI heres a pic taken on OCT 4th 2010 and theres a front mount HE behind the grill...its probably not removed because it needed an extra hour labour to remove the front bumper and remove it. I specifically told him to contact Sean for the tuner and he had arrangements to pick it up but then waited too long and the guy tossed it because it was locked to the focus.
ya buyer beware. i appreciate matts help, but this kit is a great kit when its tuned and running right. after buying a sct tuner and playing with the tuning to run N/A we discovered the kit was fine, but my ECU was so mangeled by stupid people doing stuff themselves that my computer was just toast after my ford techs played with it and stuff. instead of phoning me and saying your missing some parts or emailing me, kevin decided to just throw up on here instead. whatever way you put it it makes me look rediculous....may not have been the goal, but it ended up that way. this is why i didnt post on this site, because i knew this s**t would happen. ive got the heat exchanger and s**t, anyone can have the kit complete. this car has been a total slut in the time ive owned it. ive tried to ditch it, but i love the look, and how clean the car is, so i want to keep it. so now its N/A and running smooth. anyone who wants the kit it will be completed and you guys can get kevin to install it.....i dont give a flying f**k. maybe parts and cash to swap up if you want it but its up to you guys.
Dan, the kit is missing parts point blank. At least in the photos, and by Matt to step up and say you had no intercooler well that means you guys had some convo about this and thats what you said. I know the wording you used when you spoke about selling the kit and thats why I posted up here. If you remember back to how you reffered to whoever bought the kit thats exactly why I just posted here...something about dumb kid or something allong those lines.....

Your tone and words last time we met illuded allot to me F**ing up the car or building a pos, if thats not what you ment thats what came accross to me anyway. And that left me a little jadded..

Quote:after buying a sct tuner and playing with the tuning to run N/A we discovered the kit was fine, but my ECU was so mangeled by stupid people doing stuff themselves that my computer was just toast after my ford techs played with it and stuff.

Again....another jab here...personally I think it is more the latter. Further more how can you buy a sct tuner and "play" with the tuning? Your quite limited to what you can do with a handheld and a stock sct tune, add max 4 deg spark and a little richer/leaner. Its not exactly going to tell you if the kit you half ripped off the car is working or not.

Whatever man I didn't mean anything against you when I posted this. Take note of the parts I listed above and sell them with the kit and be a stand up guy and prove me wrong.
I'm sure Kevin wasn't trying to make you look bad man. He was really just trying to give FC members a heads up. He thought you werent being fully honest and that thinking has been cleared up by Burnin. Lets move on.

Lots of guy know about FI Focus setups here and can help you out, just ask away.
I might be interested in this kit, as long as the tuning chip i have matches my ecu and it can be re-flashed

focus #2 could use some cheap boost Big Grin
Kev its my bad on the heat exchanger part, I never noticed it in the bumper to be honest. Regardless all the pieces of the kit will be included as one. Bolt on, tune it up and tear some rubber!
kev, sounds similar to the story about my SC after my car was sold.... it's really important for folks to read up on things before purchasing such modified cars, but unfortunately, in some cases, once it leaves the original owner's hands, the proper information gets lost in the shuffle.

SVTSeller, Burnin', I know how it must be embarrassing to get ripped for your post, but I don't think it was Hardk0re's intentions to slight you personally nor was it his responsibility to ensure the correctness of the Kijiji ad.

Sometimes, these are the hard lessons we learn after we get into these messes, don't get too discouraged, just be happy of the knowledge you gained for the next time.

Thanks for keeping things civilized guys.
(10-16-2010, 03:20 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]kev, sounds similar to the story about my SC after my car was sold.... it's really important for folks to read up on things before purchasing such modified cars, but unfortunately, in some cases, once it leaves the original owner's hands, the proper information gets lost in the shuffle.

Yep, especially one that wasnt meant to be boosted form the factory. They need that regular maintenance to stay running properly.
I have a feeling that once again, this will happen to the boy's car. Kid that knew ZERO about cars, let alone modified cars bought it.
(10-16-2010, 12:00 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling that once again, this will happen to the boy's car. Kid that knew ZERO about cars, let alone modified cars bought it.

No doubt we'll see bits and pieces of this car all over the internet.

Too bad.
It involves common sense. If you know nothing about the car and you're not horribly mechanically-inclined, you don't butcher the car and a kit and then make like the car wasn't driveable.

He can be a "decent" guy, but he's letting his lack of experience become a lead-in to poke at you, Kev. I don't take to that, and any inclination I had to edit my remarks are now gone.

I rode in your car, remember? It was an awesome-running ride. That was my only ride in your wheels when you had it that way, right before I hit D-Day and had to sell my ZX5.

I'm a "decent" guy (at times) and I'm not on here slagging Focus Is Art for the things I've fixed on my own with my car. You spin the wheel when you buy the car and you take your chances.

It's that simple. I did some work, I had a mechanic buddy do some work that I couldn't do, we sorted out some headaches and now it's running well.

Fix it or sell it and move on. The original point and tone of this thread stand: the kit is missing pieces in its current configuration, previous owner doesn't know much about modded cars - or modded Focuses at the very least. Buyer beware.