FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Good news for me!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I have been at my current job for around 4 months and my experience has really paid off. Today I was called in to the boss's office and recieved some great news. I have been promoted to a sales position and get a 15% increase + commision. This is huge for me. I am very proud of my hard work, years of experience, and dedication.

I will be taking a lot of new responsibilitys, but it isn't anything I don't think I can handle. Although it will take a lot of dedication, hard work, and overtime I think I will excell in this new position.

Don't worry in time I will see of I can hook up an FC account to help out my bothers. But at the moment I am looking out for # 1, ME.
(10-16-2010, 12:23 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have been at my current job for around 4 months and my experience has really paid off. Today I was called in to the boss's office and recieved some great news. I have been promoted to a sales position and get a 15% increase + commision. This is huge for me. I am very proud of my hard work, years of experience, and dedication.

I will be taking a lot of new responsibilitys, but it isn't anything I don't think I can handle. Although it will take a lot of dedication, hard work, and overtime I think I will excell in this new position.

Don't worry in time I will see of I can hook up an FC account to help out my bothers. But at the moment I am looking out for # 1, ME.

Good Stuff!
What is it that you do exactly? and what is your old position?
congrats!!
Congrats Kev good luck in the new pos.

I get called into the boss's office every day, sadly I have yet to leave there with good news Confused
I was a Customer Support Agent at Keystone Automotive, and I have now been moved into a full sales position. I will have my own customer base to work with and no longer have to work with the general incoming calls from customers like Canadian Tire. Except during break and lunch times.

I have impressed them with my extensive automotive and customer service experience in the short time I have been there. I am really proud of myself.
So you have more pull now ? In that case , please remind Melanie to send me the display she promissed me LOL

(10-17-2010, 07:57 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]I was a Customer Support Agent at Keystone Automotive, and I have now been moved into a full sales position. I will have my own customer base to work with and no longer have to work with the general incoming calls from customers like Canadian Tire. Except during break and lunch times.

I have impressed them with my extensive automotive and customer service experience in the short time I have been there. I am really proud of myself.
Well done Kevin Smile

NefCanuck
Congratulations! It is great to be recognized, and even better to be given the opportunity for more success in the future.

Bob
atta boy kev! now time for a bonus and a FSwerks turbo kit
Good job buddy,
I did it the other way around. My hard work was being givng to other people so I quit and they gave me an increase and have put me incharge of more task that I already did. Meaning its now on my job desription lol. That was in March. We will see what happens in the new spring coming up lol.

Also I'll have to talkt o you later about setting up my buddis shop with an account too. Small stuff but it adds up.
good stuff hard work does pay offBig Grin
Work hard but play harder.
congrats kev!!
How much do u make now $14-15 per hour?
Your better off at a family run business, we have a marine surveyor business, work hard, but play harder, lot more free time, no bosses office.
(10-29-2010, 08:30 PM)ondafritz Wrote: [ -> ]How much do u make now $14-15 per hour?
Your better off at a family run business, we have a marine surveyor business, work hard, but play harder, lot more free time, no bosses office.

I'm not sure if you meant it to be or not, but your post is somewhat denigrating of Kevin's promotion - not exactly appropriate here I think.

No offense, but the way you worded your post my bet is you work for your father (as opposed to being the originator of the business) ... it's easy to be in a family business if someone before you starts it and you are literally born into it ... not so easy if you have to be the one to make the sacrifices necessary to get a new business off the ground and make it successful.

I know this from experience because I did it - and I also know that as a "family business" myself the last thing I would do is piss on someone's promotion notice regardless of what they might be making.
I worked for a company that has been since taken over by Keystone. Hopefully they did something about their terrible organization. Although the local place still seems to be advertising for someone to repair urethane bumpers about every two months.

Don't worry about what other people think, make, etc. If you're happy, you're happy. Good to see someone striving and getting somewhere. That kind of attitude will take you places.
There are 2 different Keystone's. The one I work for dosen't repair anything. The only thing we do is import & distribute performance parts, wheels and tires. You may be talking about the other one.