FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Audio editing program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know of some mp3/audio editing programs that you can cut a file into multiple files, but I'm wondering if anyone knows one off hand that you can put index markers at different time intervals, and the program can either cut each portion to its own file, or even better, burn it as a continuous Audio CD with track seperators (no gaps between tracks)

I had one before, and when i re-formatted, forgot to write down the name, so lost it for good. Also, I know there are hundreds of them out there, but some can do what I want, some can't, and it takes a long time to try every single one of them to see if it has the features im looking for, and theres also the possibility of many of these programs could freeze or corrupt your systems.

Thanks.
You can use Sony Soundforge, but you would have to save each file as a wav. then burn to a disc.
if you save the audio file as a mp3 there is always a small portion of silence before and after the sound file in mp3 format.
I use Audacity 1.3 Beta on a Win 7 64 bit Ultimate box with no issues (other than having to run it in compatibility mode)

NefCanuck
thanks, i tried a similar program, and it made each file sperately, but when i tried to burn it, my burning program did not burn properly and left gaps in between, apparently it was not configurable the way i wanted it, (no gaps) so perhaps a program that does that would be needed by me too.
Audacity will stitch files together automatically once you get all the files into the same project file. It's not one button easy, but it gets the job done.

NefCanuck