FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Exhaust Pipe Bent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to do the resonator (lunchbox) delete, and need someone who can help me out and bend an exhaust pipe to the angles I need.

I can either stop by with the car, or get a flex pipe and fit it, and hope to have someone copy it over to a straight pipe. Whichever is cheaper.

Who's got the best hookup? Free (or almost free) works best. Big Grin
i got a place that'll do it for 60$ cash, they'll weld it in and everything. +20$ for a tip ( i suggest bringing your own ). Or, I can sell you my spare one for 10$ but then you'll have an identical set up to my car.

fyi: these guys also put in a hangar for the pipe to hold it in place. arpaul15 took his car there to get the lunchbox delete after I did mine.

GT CUSTOM exhaust in Oshawa is the place btw. At first I was nervous about using them and paying cash, but they were honest (I've had to go back to have them fix their weld due to exhaust leakage)
(11-01-2010, 03:08 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]i got a place that'll do it for 60$ cash, they'll weld it in and everything. +20$ for a tip ( i suggest bringing your own ). Or, I can sell you my spare one for 10$ but then you'll have an identical set up to my car.

I'm assuming you're talking about a tip, not a pre-bent pipe right?
I've already got a stock tip on my SES that can be kept.

There is no hanger on the section to be removed, so I don't know why one would be needed?

I know welding would be best, but I'm not looking for that just in case I have any cop issues with noise, I want the process to be reversible with no extra cost.

I really just need the pipe bent, and I can let one of my mechanic buddies take care of the rest.
the 60$ was for them to bend the pipe and weld it in. Seeing as you have your own tip, it'd be 60$ from start to finish.

I believe tony once got pulled over, cop tried to hassle him but it's a stock system.
Okay, so I took my car to a shop near my work in North York, who said $70 for the job.
My buddy goes there all the time for his Porsche, so I figured it'd be fine.
I told them I wanted the resonator removed.
Apparently that's NOT what I wanted.
He removed the resonator, not what we call the "lunchbox".
He said he did what I asked, and that the part I actually wanted removed would be the muffler.
Now what???
(11-02-2010, 01:21 PM)andrewsfm Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I took my car to a shop near my work in North York, who said $70 for the job.
My buddy goes there all the time for his Porsche, so I figured it'd be fine.
I told them I wanted the resonator removed.
Apparently that's NOT what I wanted.
He removed the resonator, not what we call the "lunchbox".
He said he did what I asked, and that the part I actually wanted removed would be the muffler.
Now what???

tell him to check the ford factory service manual. then politely ask him to re-do the job.

technically they're both actually mufflers based on their honeycomb patterned insides... I think....
The resonator is the one in the middle, muffler at the back, from everything I've ever read.

Either way, how does it sound?
Alright, so I went back today and had them take off the "muffler" aka lunchbox, and it sounds good but I think it's a little louder than I wanted though.

I've got no resonator or muffler at the moment.

Having the resonator removed didn't change the sound or loudness at all to my ears.

Now that the muffler has been removed in addition to the resonator, it's definitely nice sounding, and louder.

My buddy driving beside me couldn't tell if he was hearing me, or the Mustang in front of me with the dual exhaust. To be honest, I had at hard time telling who was who, but I dunno if that's a good thing or not.

Now I need to decide if I am going to have the resonator put back on or not. I need to know if it will quiet things down a bit, but not really change the sound, or if that will ruin everything and be a waste of time and money.
The resonator gets rid of bad sonic resonance, hence the name. It will get rid of any 'raspiness' or drone on the highway. A muffler just 'muffles' the sound.

To me, the resonator would only make it sound better, without making it too much quieter.
When I am talking on the phone on sync, people can hear it when I take off from a light, and are like, is that your car? On the highway, the constant hum is a little annoying, especially when going uphill and the engine is using more power, and I think might drive me nuts if I had to hear it for hours on a trip.

So the resonator should help with this without getting rid of that low tone?
Next meet I'll take you out in my car and you can hear the drone I deal with lol. People hear my car when I'm in behind them lol.

But yes put it back on and you will delete the hum and some of the sound.
I can't wait until the next meet to make a decision on if the resonator is going back on or what. I need to decide by Friday.

Where abouts do you live? Maybe we can go grab a coffee or whatever and have you give me your input on it.
(11-04-2010, 03:01 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]Next meet I'll take you out in my car and you can hear the drone I deal with lol. People hear my car when I'm in behind them lol.

But yes put it back on and you will delete the hum and some of the sound.

The last two times I've "sighted" your car John, I heard it long before I saw it ... your exhaust is very loud and very distinctive, plus the fact you apparently cruise in nothing higher than 2nd gear LOL.
i went through something similar, cylinder one came out, lunch box stayed in. I heard little to no difference. switched it around, big difference.

on hwy it does drone a bit but nothing that the radio can't easily cover up. sometimes i dislike it for long drives where i dont want the tunes playing but the last several times i've done 3-4hr trips with it its not been bad.
(11-05-2010, 07:38 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]i went through something similar, cylinder one came out, lunch box stayed in. I heard little to no difference. switched it around, big difference.

on hwy it does drone a bit but nothing that the radio can't easily cover up. sometimes i dislike it for long drives where i dont want the tunes playing but the last several times i've done 3-4hr trips with it its not been bad.

Okay, so I'm really bad with matching up the user IDs on here to the actual people at the meets. Mine's a no brainer plus I'm usually the only one with an 08+ there, so people know me, but I only know people by name, not by user ID, but yeah, come out to the next meet if you don't already. lol

I really need to hear your car with just the lunchbox gone. I've got both out, and need to decide if the cylinder has to go back in.
you know me as Luc, I have a liquid grey zx5 just like kevin's but with tint, the double-din navi and twin alpine type r's. I don't come to the meets seeing as I've moved to Ottawa :O