FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fusion Mods Begin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
car looks awesome cant wait to see pics of it on the ground and everything installed
Looks great so far...
any updates ken??
drunkinmonkey,Mar 25 2009, 02:18 PM Wrote:any updates ken??
[right][snapback]283408[/snapback][/right]

Well all the new bits and pieces make the car handle, and stop amazingly well - I still can't get over the difference - and the addition of the magnaflow bits make it sound as good an any duratec I've heard - so frankly I'm really enjoying driving this car.

The new rims and tires are waiting for me to pickup in N.Falls - once I put them on I'll post up some pics.

Still trying to decide whether or not I want to niteshade my grill and try and make it look like black chrome or simply paint it body colour ... my concern is that the niteshade might not stand up as well as base and clearcoat might, but then again I guess I could clearcoat over the niteshade.

Question to the experts ... anything I need to know about clearcoating a grill over niteshade?

One guy at a body supply store said not to use the rattle-can clearcoat because it doesn't have some special agent to make it flexible - and he says that for a grill you really want a flexible clearcoat.

I do have a compressor and HVLP spray gun, but frankly I hate the idea of the hours of cleanup after a 10 minute spray job - any suggestions?
Find a body shop with freindly workers and see if you can slap em a few bucks to clear coat over the niteshaded grill when they're doing another car? (Make sure it's a bumper or something that requires the flex agent that they're painting at the time)

I got a pretty good deal getting some parts painted on one of my old cars that way. They just took it in the booth with them and I didn't have to pay any set up fees since they were already painting.

-George
i say paint the grill the body color......

i think black grill will be kind of out of place a little on a green car

photoshop anyone?
^^I tend to agree with you, why not just leave it stock? I little bit of chrome isn't that bad. Ken's seen my Focus...thats chrome overkill.
Don't paint it body colour. I think the Black Chrome look on the front of your car would be sick.
Anything you do to that grill your going to regret years later. It will chip no matter what you do.

Leave it alone, man!
meford4u,Mar 26 2009, 11:57 AM Wrote:Anything you do to that grill your going to regret years later.  It will chip no matter what you do. 

Leave it alone, man!
[right][snapback]283469[/snapback][/right]

I have to agree.

and MeFord would know!
Pages: 1 2