FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Changes for 2011 Focus line up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Car Buyer's Guide: 2011 Ford Focus
Source: Canadiandriver.ca

NEW FOR 2011:
- Two-door coupe discontinued
- Four-speed automatic transmission standard on SEL sedan
- New available Moons & Tunes Package

In preparation for an all-new Focus coming for 2012, the 2011 version slims down. The two-door coupe is discontinued, with only the sedan available, and the top-line SEL trim receives a four-speed automatic transmission as standard equipment. A new Moons & Tunes Package, available on SES and SEL, adds a premium CD/MP3 stereo with clock, four speakers, subwoofer and power sunroof. MSRPs range from $13,999 to $20,999.

The Focus uses a 2.0-litre Duratec four-cylinder engine. In the S, SE and SES it is mated to a five-speed manual transmission that can be optioned to a four-speed automatic. The SEL uses the automatic exclusively.

Features on the S include 15-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, black manual mirrors, black door handles, keyless entry, tilt steering wheel, passenger vanity mirror, floor mats, CD/MP3 stereo, variable intermittent wipers, outside temperature display, low tire pressure warning, and trip computer.

The SE adds heated power chrome mirrors, chrome door handles, power windows, front reading lights, and security system.

The SES adds 17-inch alloy wheels, body-colour mirrors, body-colour door handles, chrome tailpipe finisher, cruise control, auto-dimming mirror, heated seats, split-folding rear seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, voice-activated radio, Sync, fog lamps, and compass. It also has a sport suspension and rear spoiler unique to it.

The SEL adds 16-inch alloy wheels, and uses chrome mirrors and door handles.
Why bother with the 2011, really? Just get us the damn 2012! Big Grin
^^ Agreed. I want a 2012 Euro-spec to park next to my 2000. Forcing the auto on an entire trimline (and having it be a 4-speed, STILL) is actually laughable.

I so can't wait to see what they actually, phyiscally offer for the 2012 lineup. Do note that the only reason I'm so interested is because FSWerks still hasn't released their Zetec turbo kit.